Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 35,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

When flashing new rom, stock at boot screen

Tip us?

Miyamato
Old
(Last edited by Miyamato; 3rd February 2014 at 05:56 PM.) Reason: addition
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default When flashing new rom, stock at boot screen

Hey,

So I recently acquired a S4 i337m Fido (running 4.3, I1337MVLUEMK6). I tried to root and put TWRP via Odin, didn't end up working (not sure what I did wrong), but managed to root via auto-root and flashed TWRP via Goo Manager.

I have tried twice to put a custom room on, HyperDrive and Paranoid android. I created a nandbackup, then full wiped, and flashed the roms then Gapps and rebooted. Both times, they got stuck on the boot animation (just showing the Samsung Galaxy S4 Logo), with the top left corner saying something about my recovery (when flashed HyperDrive), and something about my kernel when I tried to flash PA. Also, I couldn't get to TWRP on my first 2 tries when flashing HyperDrive (to restore), but got it on my first try with PA.

Any ideas why I am having trouble flashing custom roms?

So what it says on the boot screen logo at top left is:
1. RECOVERY BOOTING (in blue),
2. RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING (red)
3. Set Warranty Bit: recovery (yellow)

Cheers, and thanks

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

rbedell
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamato View Post
Hey,

So I recently acquired a S4 i337m Fido (running 4.3, I1337MVLUEMK6). I tried to root and put TWRP via Odin, didn't end up working (not sure what I did wrong), but managed to root via auto-root and flashed TWRP via Goo Manager.

I have tried twice to put a custom room on, HyperDrive and Paranoid android. I created a nandbackup, then full wiped, and flashed the roms then Gapps and rebooted. Both times, they got stuck on the boot animation (just showing the Samsung Galaxy S4 Logo), with the top left corner saying something about my recovery (when flashed HyperDrive), and something about my kernel when I tried to flash PA. Also, I couldn't get to TWRP on my first 2 tries when flashing HyperDrive (to restore), but got it on my first try with PA.

Any ideas why I am having trouble flashing custom roms?

So what it says on the boot screen logo at top left is:
1. RECOVERY BOOTING (in blue),
2. RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING (red)
3. Set Warranty Bit: recovery (yellow)

Cheers, and thanks

You need to read a lot more. You can only use safestrap right now. Odin back to MF3 and install safestrap after rooting. Only touchwiz roms using stock kernel will work for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rbedell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Miyamato
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, Thanks for answering. So I have to re flags firmware, and re root, with safestrap correct? After that only tw bases roms with stock kernels will work, or as of right now (current situation) only tw and stock kernels will work?

Gage_Hero
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamato View Post
Hey, Thanks for answering. So I have to re flags firmware, and re root, with safestrap correct? After that only tw bases roms with stock kernels will work, or as of right now (current situation) only tw and stock kernels will work?

It appears the first one you flashed Hyperdrive is for ATT at model number is i337 your model is i337m not the same thing.... If it was my phone I would wait for azuziel to reply in the other thread or pm him directly.... you can't use i337 firmware on your phone.... you had and hope still have an unlocked bootloader... this means you don't need safety strap.... talk to azuziel before you get too flash happy.... could save you lots of headaches.....
Telus Galaxy S4 - Stock 4.3 to
[ROM] Maple leaf iBASTiD if ya aint tried it.... you should... Go Canada... Go iBASTiD......