Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

using gear with a gophone/Note 3?

Tip us?

spinedoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Cool using gear with a gophone/Note 3?

I just picked up a Note 3 and wanted to get a Gear watch as well. The problem is I'm with Gophone prepaid and you can't tether with them. Does this mean I'm out of luck and can't tether the Gear to my Note 3?

awasser1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
[QUOTE=spinedoc;49958077]I just picked up a Note 3 and wanted to get a Gear watch as well. The problem is I'm with Gophone prepaid and you can't tether with them. Does this mean I'm out of luck and can't tether the Gear to my Note 3?[/QUOTE

as long as the phone has android 4.3 the watch will work. i dont know if all the extra rooted functions work but the regular notifications, etc should work ...

spinedoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
[QUOTE=awasser1;49965295]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc View Post
I just picked up a Note 3 and wanted to get a Gear watch as well. The problem is I'm with Gophone prepaid and you can't tether with them. Does this mean I'm out of luck and can't tether the Gear to my Note 3?[/QUOTE

as long as the phone has android 4.3 the watch will work. i dont know if all the extra rooted functions work but the regular notifications, etc should work ...
Thanks, I was mainly curious about internet access. Being on Go phone, with the Gear tethered to my Note 3 will I be able to access the internet on the Gear itself?

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 199
[QUOTE=spinedoc;50038801]
Quote:
Originally Posted by awasser1 View Post

Thanks, I was mainly curious about internet access. Being on Go phone, with the Gear tethered to my Note 3 will I be able to access the internet on the Gear itself?
here is the thread for your topic

spinedoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
[QUOTE=fletch33;50039493]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc View Post

here is the thread for your topic
Thanks much, very interesting thread.