Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Two Qs regarding progress bar adv parameters

Tip us?

ibashmuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Two Qs regarding progress bar adv parameters

Thanks for your time. Two questions, #1: I've been around here and throughout other sites, and found (it seems) dozens of different options but none have seemed to work regarding getting an object to follow a CIRCULAR progress bar. In this case, I have a simple clock that I would like to have a sunrise icon and sunset icon (each) move around the outside the clock at the appropriate time. I have tried multiple codes and combos to no avail. I have successfully managed to achieve this result on a straight prog bar using [oy]$(-34+(#BLEVN#*2.70))$[/oy]. Those are, of course, my coordinates plugged in. I've found so many different "Oh, do this, this'll work" codes that don't work, I won't bore you with them (including this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563932). At any rate, any help would be appreciated.

#2: Is it possible to set up a 12 hour progress bar clock that handles just am and/or just pm?

Thanks again.

CopKiller76
Old
Thanks Meter 65
#1 Take a look at the Zooper standard analog Clock

#2 Use the 24h. For am use min 0 max 12 and for pm use min 12 max 24

Sent from GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1990

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibashmuck View Post
Thanks for your time. Two questions, #1: I've been around here and throughout other sites, and found (it seems) dozens of different options but none have seemed to work regarding getting an object to follow a CIRCULAR progress bar. In this case, I have a simple clock that I would like to have a sunrise icon and sunset icon (each) move around the outside the clock at the appropriate time. I have tried multiple codes and combos to no avail. I have successfully managed to achieve this result on a straight prog bar using [oy]$(-34+(#BLEVN#*2.70))$[/oy]. Those are, of course, my coordinates plugged in. I've found so many different "Oh, do this, this'll work" codes that don't work, I won't bore you with them (including this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563932). At any rate, any help would be appreciated.

#2: Is it possible to set up a 12 hour progress bar clock that handles just am and/or just pm?

Thanks again.
#1: Moving things circular is a bit different from moving this along a straight line. For circles you need three parameters in Zooper: thie radius of your circle ([ar][/ar]), the sweep angle of said circle ([as][/as]) and finally the rotation ([r][/r]). The first one is static and the other two depend on what you are trying to do. You need to determine the size of your circle in degrees (360 for full, 180 for half etc.) and then determine in how many steps you need to cut that size. For something that moves with the minutes of the hour it would be 60 for instance. Then your amount of degrees per minute is 360/60 and if you multiply that with the numbers of minutes #Dm#, you get your current position and rotation. So for something to move around a circle based on the minutes of the hour you would need these advanced parameters:
[r]<whatever size>[/r]
[as]$(360/60*#Dm#)$[/as]
[ar]$(360/60*#Dm#)$[/ar]
To apply this to your idea, you need to figure out in how many steps you want your circle to be broken down to (I would guess 12) and then what's your variable you want to multiply with (#ARK# maybe). With these values it should position the symbol on the hour of the sunrise.
I hope this helps you out and if not, don't hesitate to ask

#2: I think so but you probably would have to work with some advanced parameter conditionals to check whether it's currently am or pm. This depends on what exactly you are trying to do. If you can give me more details I can try to think something up.

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

ibashmuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post
#1: Moving things circular is a bit different from moving this along a straight line. For circles you need three parameters in Zooper: thie radius of your circle ([ar][/ar]), the sweep angle of said circle ([as][/as]) and finally the rotation ([r][/r]). The first one is static and the other two depend on what you are trying to do. You need to determine the size of your circle in degrees (360 for full, 180 for half etc.) and then determine in how many steps you need to cut that size. For something that moves with the minutes of the hour it would be 60 for instance. Then your amount of degrees per minute is 360/60 and if you multiply that with the numbers of minutes #Dm#, you get your current position and rotation. So for something to move around a circle based on the minutes of the hour you would need these advanced parameters:
[r]<whatever size>[/r]
[as]$(360/60*#Dm#)$[/as]
[ar]$(360/60*#Dm#)$[/ar]
To apply this to your idea, you need to figure out in how many steps you want your circle to be broken down to (I would guess 12) and then what's your variable you want to multiply with (#ARK# maybe). With these values it should position the symbol on the hour of the sunrise.
I hope this helps you out and if not, don't hesitate to ask

#2: I think so but you probably would have to work with some advanced parameter conditionals to check whether it's currently am or pm. This depends on what exactly you are trying to do. If you can give me more details I can try to think something up.
Thanks for the response. That's actually the first parameter that I found and tried to work with, and, like then, I still can't get it to work. My "hour clock" numbers are:
x= 60
y= -210
w= 520
Using #Dh#, min 0, max 12
Putting numbers into the codes you gave...
[as]$(360/12*#ARh#)$[/as]
[ar]$(360/12*#ARh#)$[/ar]
...(or even #ARK#) still sends the icon low and to the left, as you can see in the second screen shot (I've enlarged it to show it's position better). I'm living up to my namesake with this, I know, but my guess is I'm missing one small bit that's throwing me off. Apologies, of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-04-13-43-15.png
Views:	50
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	2559122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-04-13-56-21.png
Views:	67
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	2559123