XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root for 4.3?

Tip us?

selayan
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by priddyma View Post
Go to your developer settings and clear the allowed computers for adb access. Then unplug and replug phone. Should come up with the access request.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Yup first time you connect and try to use adb your phone pulls a prompt up saying do you want to allow access.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

Maduro78
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vref View Post
Gonna have to back burner this for the day and do some research. Thanks again selayan. I'll take another crack at it tonight.

I saw in the rumrunner thread where someone else got everything through using a Mac...might PM them and see what they're doing that I'm not.
I successfully ran everything using mac

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Vref
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by selayan View Post
You may need to go into your mac android-sdk installation and update the software there with the latest sdk modules.
Just got done with work and just updated the SDK stuff. Everything on the laptop seems to be in working order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priddyma View Post
Go to your developer settings and clear the allowed computers for adb access. Then unplug and replug phone. Should come up with the access request.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I've gone into the devloper setting but I don't see an option to clear allowed computers.

Even with the updated SDK I'm still stuck at error: device offline.

selayan
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Somewhere in your Mac or the Mac holds info about the phone or the adb certificate. If you delete it, it should ask you for access to it next time. I too could not find the options in the debug settings on the phone.

Vref
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Somewhere in your Mac or the Mac holds info about the phone or the adb certificate. If you delete it, it should ask you for access to it next time. I too could not find the options in the debug settings on the phone.

Looked everywhere I could think of and in places I had no business snooping. Not quite ready to throw in the towel but I'm pretty dang close.

Maybe just wait till 4.4 update comes out and try again after that.

selayan
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I'm not sure if firewater works for 4.4.

Vref
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
I'm not sure if firewater works for 4.4.

I was just assuming at some point it would be updated to crack open 4.4.

I did get terminal to list the adb folders in the .android directory but there wasn't anything that would lead me to believe one was the keychain to remove and with my lack of knowledge I'm hesitant to just start removing files willy nilly.

selayan
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Try a different usb cable. Make sure you use usb 2.0. If you have eclipse installed you can go to the top right corner under ddms and select devices and reset adb.

Vref
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
I'm on the road this week so I don't think I have a different cable.

I'll download eclipse tonight and give thet a try.

selayan
Old
Thanks Meter 52
That's the only thing I can think of other than trying another cable and another usb port.

I've done a Google search on how to remove adb devices on Mac but I could not find anything useful.