Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 49,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wtf

Tip us?

monkeyhouse
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v View Post
I don't think that the Rom slots impact each other unless you are running low on space.

I don't have am advanced power menu and I'm not sure what the Hyperdrive one looks like. That said Wanam had a couple of options that extend the power menu that are worth a try.

Everything I've installed has been by directly installing an apk. Except for dark dialer, dark contacts, and call recording.
thanks for the info man. I will try the wanam menu and see, think I tried it once, but still had the issue with the button locking up. One thing for sure, installing these other ROM's gives me plenty of ideas of how to change my stock ROM! BTW, I love D.C. saw the FW's at the National Harbor last year, good time. There's an Amtrak that runs direct from here and you can drink on the train!

monkeyhouse
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Yeah, I run Xposed on my stock ROM. The only issue I ever had was a few days ago when I updated XPrivacy and the phone refused to boot. I had to flash the Xposed disabler with SafeStrap. I run the GPE ROM in slot 1 so I can't speak to the way Hyperdrive works. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Hey Devo, how do you un-flash something? I flashed a accuweather transparent widget that doesn't work and I think it might have stopped my air gesture from working, just working back from things I have changed recently and that is one of them.
SGH-i537 4.2.2 MF3 with HyperDrive and GPE in slots

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhouse View Post
Hey Devo, how do you un-flash something? I flashed a accuweather transparent widget that doesn't work and I think it might have stopped my air gesture from working, just working back from things I have changed recently and that is one of them.
You need to open up the zip file and look inside the folders to see what files are flashed and where they ate flashed. This will tell you what files were changed our added then you can manually remove them. I would also ask the creator to post a zip that removes the necessary files to return to stock. It should be easy enough.

monkeyhouse
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
You need to open up the zip file and look inside the folders to see what files are flashed and where they ate flashed. This will tell you what files were changed our added then you can manually remove them. I would also ask the creator to post a zip that removes the necessary files to return to stock. It should be easy enough.
thanks man, I know that wasn't your issue and I really appreciate your response.
SGH-i537 4.2.2 MF3 with HyperDrive and GPE in slots

kfreels
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by psideburns View Post
What's the point of rooting an active if you can't do anything with it. Now you can't even get the new at&t update. Someone explain what the reason is please besides the thrill of pointless tinkering.
Quite a few apps don't work without root access. Plus it is necessary to be able to use tethering without a separate plan. Battery doctor, quickboot, app quarantine, and titanium backup are just a few on mine.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH I537 k9
Android 4.2.2 Stock
Active Root