CM11. Connects to one router but not the other?

4th February 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello folks.

I upgraded my nook hd+ from 10.2 to cm11 the other day, and it is suddenly not connecting to one of my routers. I checked the PW on the router multiple times and it connects to my phone and laptop with no problem. On the WIFI settings menu, it repeatedly shows "connecting" but no connection actually occurs.

The router I can no longer connect to, which is on my floor, uses 2.4 GHz frequency with 108 Mbps features. The router that I CAN connect to is downstairs and uses 5GHz frequency.

Both routers use WPA2 for security and there is no difference in password length or complexity.

Thanks for your help.
4th February 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Alamos, NM
Thanks Meter: 18

177 posts
My first thought is that you may need to upgrade the firmware in the uncooperative router.

My second thought its that this may be somewhat normal since 2.4GHz has greater range than 5GHz.

My third thought is total confusion over how you can connect to an 802.11a router with an 802.11b/g/n device?
4th February 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 73

273 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthelicopt

Hello folks.

I upgraded my nook hd+ from 10.2 to cm11 the other day, and it is suddenly not connecting to one of my routers. I checked the PW on the router multiple times and it connects to my phone and laptop with no problem. On the WIFI settings menu, it repeatedly shows "connecting" but no connection actually occurs.

The router I can no longer connect to, which is on my floor, uses 2.4 GHz frequency with 108 Mbps features. The router that I CAN connect to is downstairs and uses 5GHz frequency.

Both routers use WPA2 for security and there is no difference in password length or complexity.

Thanks for your help.

You cannot connect the nook @ 5GHz. There is no 5GHz antenna in the nooks. My phone (and yours probably too) has one but the nook hd+ does not.

Addition: There's only one antenna in the nook hd+ as well. No mimo and its garbage single bgn max 65Mbits @ 2.4GHz only.

Wifi in cm11 is a bit flakey at times - its a borked/early cm rom currently with lots of work to go.

Toggle wifi on and off if it doesn't work - this works when the password is good and it didn't connect.

At other times it takes a minute or two to connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellersl

My third thought is total confusion over how you can connect to an 802.11a router with an 802.11b/g/n device?

5GHz is not just a. Its also for edit:n. Ergo don't need an a router. Something like bg @ 2.4Ghz and na @ 5ghz.

Here's an na 5ghz only ap: http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-UniFI...ubiquiti+unifi
Last edited by sandsofmyst; 4th February 2014 at 09:20 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread