Samsung share its 699$ ! Phonearena source

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Note 10.1 2014 edition 32g
Galaxy S4 I9500 16g
Owner

dt33
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I bought SM-P605 32 GB for around 850US, so I rather buy NotePro 12.2 WiFi 64GB for that money and I got no use for LTE anyway. In US maybe its much, but in EU its cheap price and in Sweden I think it gonna cost around 1200US. Only SM-P 605 16 GB cost 1200US here in Sweden.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3804
Samsung's really suffering from a severe case of wishful thinking. The Tab|Pro 8.4 is $50 more than the Note 8 ($349 vs. $399) which I guess is excusable because the former's got some big upgrades over the latter (SoC, display resolution). The Tab|Pro 10.1 is the same price as the N10.1-14 and they are physically identical with the latter having more RAM and S Pen. The 16GB iPad Mini Retina is $399 so Samsung's looking for the same cash for the Tab|Pro 8.4. The 16GB iPad Air is $499 so Samsung wants the same thing for the Tab|Pro 10.1. Good luck with that one; especially since the N10.1-14 at least has an exclusive feature (S Pen) that could possibly justify a price point that matches Apple's. I really do think Samsung's crossed in to the delusional and the new tablet's pricing is nuts and the positioning (or lack of) against their existing/previous tablets is just going to leave people confused.

C2Q
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Wait wtf..TabPro in the US = note 10.1 2014 price? lol. Who the hell would get the TabPro for the same price (assuming they are equally informed about the note). Considering you are paying the same price for less features.

jinda628
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Link is gone so maybe they will change the price

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinda628 View Post
Link is gone so maybe they will change the price
The prices I posted are the pre-order prices buying direct from the Samsung U.S. website. They haven't changed. But once early adopter buying helps judge interest I bet you'll see "$50 (or more) off for a limited time;" perhaps as early as a month to six weeks. I admire Samsung's ambition but people didn't buy tons of Nexus 10's with its "iPad equal" display so relying on lipstick (M-UX), a focus on productivity (every included app is available third party on any Android tablet), and h/w improvements (if h/w is all that matters why do they sell so many Tab 2/3's?) to get people to buy high-end Android tablets at Apple prices I wish them luck. They'll probably spend a gazillion dollars promoting the new tablets and God knows that amount of marketing helped them get where their are in smartphones so maybe that'll work. I'm in marketing and think this whole high-end tablet (pricing and features) push is going to fall flat. When people think of tablets they think Apple=high-end and Android=cheap and that's what sales (even Samsung's in 2013) reflect.

jinda628
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Ye I got what you meant. I'm sure Samsung is testing the waters and see how many will take the bait. If its less than their target then they will surely rethink their stand.