Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved] ROM Flashing Problem

Tip us?

prabhu1980
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest1971 View Post
The results of the all partition scanner and find brick scanner are not consistent. I still feel your case is probably not a superbrick (unless you have wiped under the dangerous stock ICS kernel). Now I would to try to use gparted to remove ums and recreate it with the same size, with steps as in my Guide.

Let me know how it goes.
Hi FOREST !! How r u ??
I am kinda busy these days and was not able to contribute till I faced the above mentioned problem myself.

Can I suggest a way out of this ??

a) Download the Pit File and Flash in ODIN First
b) Download an ICS Kernel and Flash in ODIN {Speedmod Kernel}
c) Go to recovery and then Flash Philz Kernel

This worked for me !!
The Following User Says Thank You to prabhu1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

forest1971
Old
Thanks Meter 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu1980 View Post
Hi FOREST !! How r u ??
I am kinda busy these days and was not able to contribute till I faced the above mentioned problem myself.

Can I suggest a way out of this ??

a) Download the Pit File and Flash in ODIN First
b) Download an ICS Kernel and Flash in ODIN {Speedmod Kernel}
c) Go to recovery and then Flash Philz Kernel

This worked for me !!
Hi Prabhu,

Long time no see. I miss you indeed from time to time.

I am doing fine and have some spare time to now to go back to the XDA for hobby. Hope that everything is fine at your end.

Warm wishes!

prabhu1980
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Hi Prabhu,

Long time no see. I miss you indeed from time to time.

I am doing fine and have some spare time to now to go back to the XDA for hobby. Hope that everything is fine at your end.

Warm wishes!
Yeah Busy these days with work and not able to contribute. I got the above brick myself and then woke up and wrote the above steps.
Very funny I really do not know How Odin flashing fails .... with JB Kernel and passes with ICS kernel after using Pit file.

Prabhakar.R
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prabhu1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MosMon
Old
(Last edited by MosMon; 4th February 2014 at 02:09 PM.) Reason: wrongly post
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

forest1971
Old
Thanks Meter 1493
Lets try to install philz kernel, then find the menu to do 'clean to install' then install a 4.1 stock based custom rom such as sweetrom 10.5. See how it goes.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to forest1971 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MosMon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
The results of the all partition scanner and find brick scanner are not consistent. I still feel your case is probably not a superbrick (unless you have wiped under the dangerous stock ICS kernel). Now I would to try to use gparted to remove ums and recreate it with the same size, with steps as in my Guide.

Let me know how it goes.
Quote:

Let me know how it goes.
Thank you forest1971 for your valuable suggession and no luck this time.

I take time to read your guide several times because of understanding and error free working. No problem found in partition. My present pertition is look like below:
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\it\Desktop\pic.jpg[/IMG]

Then I go back to recovery mode and try to flash ROM but found below error for CM-10.1 and CM-10.2
Error Description:
Installing update....
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="galaxynote"|| getprop("ro.build.product")=="galaxynote"|| getprop("ro.product.device")=="n7000")|| getprop("ro.butild.product")=="n7000" .............

E: Error in emmc/...............

And found modem.bin error for "N7000_XXLSA" and "slimwhizz " ROM.

Please guide me now what to do...

MosMon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hello prabhu1980. Thank you for your post.

Though my internet is flactuating nevertheless I will try and let you know.

forest1971
Old
Thanks Meter 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosMon View Post
Thank you forest1971 for your valuable suggession and no luck this time.

I take time to read your guide several times because of understanding and error free working. No problem found in partition. My present pertition is look like below:
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\it\Desktop\pic.jpg[/IMG]

Then I go back to recovery mode and try to flash ROM but found below error for CM-10.1 and CM-10.2
Error Description:
Installing update....
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="galaxynote"|| getprop("ro.build.product")=="galaxynote"|| getprop("ro.product.device")=="n7000")|| getprop("ro.butild.product")=="n7000" .............

E: Error in emmc/...............

And found modem.bin error for "N7000_XXLSA" and "slimwhizz " ROM.

Please guide me now what to do...
I would also try to use philz kernel to do 'clean to install rom' then try to install a stock based custom 4.1 such as sweatrom.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to forest1971 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MosMon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Solved

Hello forest1971 ,

It's time to say thank you very much for your tremendous support.

My phone is alive now and feels great indeed. I would like to give thanks " treacherous_hawk", the person who help me first. I also give thanks to "nokiamodeln91" who guide me rapidly and "prabhu1980".

Now recap the solution's:
1. Recovery mode is enable using Philz kernel
2. Checking and minor error fixing using forest1971's great post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=12 where each and every step is describe with example.
3. Flash SWEET ROM 4.1. Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2001632
4. Wait few mins more than other ROM take to flash or reboot
5. Ready to go.

Thanks everyone again and all your meter goes up for one.