Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

what to buy!

OP andy1weir

2nd February 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
andy1weir's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
so ive got a bit of money in my paypal acount from the sale of my ipad, and wondering what accessories could i buy for my s4, i already have a few cases including an otterbox defender, is there anything interesting you guys have bought???
2nd February 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #2  
spotmark's Avatar
Senior Member
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 615
 
1,597 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1weir

so ive got a bit of money in my paypal acount from the sale of my ipad, and wondering what accessories could i buy for my s4, i already have a few cases including an otterbox defender, is there anything interesting you guys have bought???

Wireless charger, and battery cover.
2nd February 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #3  
andy1weir's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotmark

Wireless charger, and battery cover.

should mention i have wireless charger and battery attachment, thanks though!
2nd February 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #4  
RIPBAP1999's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntington
Thanks Meter: 63
 
259 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1weir

so ive got a bit of money in my paypal acount from the sale of my ipad, and wondering what accessories could i buy for my s4, i already have a few cases including an otterbox defender, is there anything interesting you guys have bought???

64gb Micro SD card. Amazon has a Sandisk Ultra for $40. Definitely recommend it.

Zagg HD screen protector. I put these on every phone I have had since the HD came out. The regular Zagg looks and feels weird, but the HD is wonderful. One problem though, when I had my HTC one, I got the ZAGG HD and had a Otterbox defender. The defenders built in screen protector stuck to the zagg and made the screen look funky. I didn't like it, so I swapped my defender for the commuter, which looked better and fit better in my pocket.

A USB OTG adapter. Wonderful little thing that can be found on eBay for like $2. You can hook usb flash drives up to your phone, external hard drives, xbox 360 controllers for games, etc. Awesome.

Oh! If you want awesome battery life, get the Zero Lemon extended battery.

I'm sure there's more, and I'll update if I can remember anything
2nd February 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #5  
andy1weir's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPBAP1999

64gb Micro SD card. Amazon has a Sandisk Ultra for $40. Definitely recommend it.

Zagg HD screen protector. I put these on every phone I have had since the HD came out. The regular Zagg looks and feels weird, but the HD is wonderful. One problem though, when I had my HTC one, I got the ZAGG HD and had a Otterbox defender. The defenders built in screen protector stuck to the zagg and made the screen look funky. I didn't like it, so I swapped my defender for the commuter, which looked better and fit better in my pocket.

A USB OTG adapter. Wonderful little thing that can be found on eBay for like $2. You can hook usb flash drives up to your phone, external hard drives, xbox 360 controllers for games, etc. Awesome.

Oh! If you want awesome battery life, get the Zero Lemon extended battery.

I'm sure there's more, and I'll update if I can remember anything

excellent thanks, just ordered the usb otg, ive got a screen protector on the way, im gonna remove the film on the defender case as it sticking to my lcd also, the zero lemon battery is a no go as i cant use it in the defender case, is there any other batterys that dont increase in profile size?
2nd February 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #6  
thesoldier's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 187
 
961 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Zerolemon has a 3000 mAh battery (I think it may really be 2800) that fits in the stock battery cover just barely. It gives me a good extra hour or so depending on use.

I mainly bought it just so I could swap batteries whenever I wanted. It comes with two batteries and an external charger for $20. The only thing is they don't have NFC. Not a bad deal overall.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #7  
RIPBAP1999's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntington
Thanks Meter: 63
 
259 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1weir

excellent thanks, just ordered the usb otg, ive got a screen protector on the way, im gonna remove the film on the defender case as it sticking to my lcd also, the zero lemon battery is a no go as i cant use it in the defender case, is there any other batterys that dont increase in profile size?

Well, when I had an otterbox with my S3 and wanted to have really good battery life, I bought two things.

1. A pack of two or three batteries and an external battery charger.
2. An extra external battery charger.

Examples:

Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3X-Battery-f...item48559c1a08

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-AC-Dock-...item43bc5b2de8

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Capable-Batter...axy+s4+battery

http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-Batte...attery+charger

The eBay way is cheaper, that's what I did. I barely noticed a difference between battery life of the knock offs compared to the OEM or Anker brands. I bought the two chargers so I could always have them charged. Took a battery with me wherever I went, kept one in my car, kept one on charge. I used my phone hard core and after 8-10 hours when it died on me, I just swapped them out. I never had to worry about charging my phone. Just had to use one that I had laying around, or swap the battery from my phone with one on the charger. The only downside to this is that you have to take your case off. But it only takes a minute and my otterbox never got damaged or anything. I recommend that if you don't want a bulky battery.
2nd February 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #8  
andy1weir's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
the thing with carrying extra batteries around tho is i dont want to be prying my phone out of the case all the time, hard enough as it is lol
3rd February 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #9  
jtsv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks Meter: 332
 
936 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Top 4
1. Zerolemon 7500mah Extended Battery & rugged case
2. 64gb micro SD
3. Bose® Bluetooth® headset Series 2
4. Powerpod 360 Vibration Speaker
http://powerpod360.com/power-pod-360/ Saw this on a demo at Sams Club. Very impressive check out some YT vid's people have posted then search for best price. This is #4 on my list so do not have one yet. The demo guy said he takes 2 of them connected by a splitter cord and has them on his bookshelves and they drive his av set up. He also put's it on the tailgate of his truck to make it truly tailgate party.

This is my Top List now just to find the "free spending" money soon.
4th February 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #10  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,534
 
3,536 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Get a 128gb SD card and micro to SD adapter

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes