Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wireless USB Mouse not working with OTG Cable

Tip us?
 
DevastationNation
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] Wireless USB Mouse not working with OTG Cable

I just opened my OTG cable and tried connecting a Logitech MX Darkfield mouse to the tablet and it does not recognize it at all. I have also tried my brother's Logitech M560 and still no difference but my wired Logitech G400 works. I was wondering what was your experience with connecting a wireless USB mouse to the tablet through an OTG cable and if you had any successful connections.
 
Pandae
Old
#2  
Pandae's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 201
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevastationNation View Post
I just opened my OTG cable and tried connecting a Logitech MX Darkfield mouse to the tablet and it does not recognize it at all. I have also tried my brother's Logitech M560 and still no difference but my wired Logitech G400 works. I was wondering what was your experience with connecting a wireless USB mouse to the tablet through an OTG cable and if you had any successful connections.
I've used various USB OTG adapters successfully with mice and keyboards. Did you just get the cable? Does it work with anything else?
 
DevastationNation
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandae View Post
I've used various USB OTG adapters successfully with mice and keyboards. Did you just get the cable? Does it work with anything else?
I just got the cable yesterday through Amazon and wired mice in addition to keyboards have been successful as of now. I read another post describing similar issues which mentioned that all 5 of his wireless Logitech mice did not work with the OTG cable. What brand/model have you been using?
 
Pandae
Old
#4  
Pandae's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 201
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevastationNation View Post
I just got the cable yesterday through Amazon and wired mice in addition to keyboards have been successful as of now. I read another post describing similar issues which mentioned that all 5 of his wireless Logitech mice did not work with the OTG cable. What brand/model have you been using?
I didn't realize you were talking wireless. I've never tried any, but later I'll borrow my wife's Logitech.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes