Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 49,034 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WIFI HotSpot

Tip us?

jcmarx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default WIFI HotSpot

Anyone else notice carriers blocking WiFi Hotspots sctions?

My N900t on straight talk still works fine with its hotspot toggle but on my wife and daughters i317 it has stopped working they are both rooted they were upgraded to 4.3 one (my wife's) via OTA with the mk6? bootloader but my daughters I justed the older bootloarder but now they both will not hotspot natively. I had been using an app that bypassed this problem but not I get a message saying the carrier authentication has failed.

Same thing also for a little ZTE z990g phone I been playing with for my father. It is also giving similar message about authentication fail. it is rooted and has custom rom on it .

Have carriers found a way to identify wifi tethering and block/not allow it?

This has just been over past few weeks

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarx View Post
Anyone else notice carriers blocking WiFi Hotspots sctions?

My N900t on straight talk still works fine with its hotspot toggle but on my wife and daughters i317 it has stopped working they are both rooted they were upgraded to 4.3 one (my wife's) via OTA with the mk6? bootloader but my daughters I justed the older bootloarder but now they both will not hotspot natively. I had been using an app that bypassed this problem but not I get a message saying the carrier authentication has failed.

Same thing also for a little ZTE z990g phone I been playing with for my father. It is also giving similar message about authentication fail. it is rooted and has custom rom on it .

Have carriers found a way to identify wifi tethering and block/not allow it?

This has just been over past few weeks

Check your private messages.
"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!" But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo! 3 Amigos