CM11 ROM for v510 GPE

OP nstillmatic

4th February 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Is the CM11 ROM compatible with both the regular and Google play edition? I saw an article mention that it was, but I see nothing to confirm that anywhere (I know the model numbers are different). I don't see why it wouldn't because the hardware is the same, correct?
4th February 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 39

329 posts
More
I don't know. Why does everyone want to run CM vs debloating their tablet? You lose access to the OEM features (for LG that's knock and qremote).
4th February 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 215

444 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstillmatic

Is the CM11 ROM compatible with both the regular and Google play edition? I saw an article mention that it was, but I see nothing to confirm that anywhere (I know the model numbers are different). I don't see why it wouldn't because the hardware is the same, correct?

my understanding is that it is not yet been released for the 510gpe. I would not try to flash the 500 version.
I also understand that it is in the works and, if nothing else I'm setting up my machine right now to try to build cyanogenmod 11 from source for the gpe... We'll see.
The Following User Says Thank You to sleekmason For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJM

I don't know. Why does everyone want to run CM vs debloating their tablet? You lose access to the OEM features (for LG that's knock and qremote).

You dont lose the knock feature, you just need to knock on the status bar to put the tablet to sleep. Knock on works everywhere on screen
4th February 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJM

I don't have the LG OEM features as I have the GPE. I much prefer having stock android, but I want the native USB OTG + charging support that CM11 has. That's kind of a big deal for me until Google decides to implement it themselves.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread