Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,460 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 ROM for v510 GPE

Tip us?

nstillmatic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM11 ROM for v510 GPE

Is the CM11 ROM compatible with both the regular and Google play edition? I saw an article mention that it was, but I see nothing to confirm that anywhere (I know the model numbers are different). I don't see why it wouldn't because the hardware is the same, correct?

LBJM
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I don't know. Why does everyone want to run CM vs debloating their tablet? You lose access to the OEM features (for LG that's knock and qremote).

sleekmason
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstillmatic View Post
Is the CM11 ROM compatible with both the regular and Google play edition? I saw an article mention that it was, but I see nothing to confirm that anywhere (I know the model numbers are different). I don't see why it wouldn't because the hardware is the same, correct?
my understanding is that it is not yet been released for the 510gpe. I would not try to flash the 500 version.
I also understand that it is in the works and, if nothing else I'm setting up my machine right now to try to build cyanogenmod 11 from source for the gpe... We'll see.
The Following User Says Thank You to sleekmason For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJM View Post
I don't know. Why does everyone want to run CM vs debloating their tablet? You lose access to the OEM features (for LG that's knock and qremote).
You dont lose the knock feature, you just need to knock on the status bar to put the tablet to sleep. Knock on works everywhere on screen

nstillmatic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJM View Post
I don't have the LG OEM features as I have the GPE. I much prefer having stock android, but I want the native USB OTG + charging support that CM11 has. That's kind of a big deal for me until Google decides to implement it themselves.