Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Lte connectivity strength vs g2

OP centro714

27th January 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #11  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,671

8,996 posts
Donate to Me
More
my comment was only in regards to the htc one on the sprint network; yep, moto phones tend to have the best radios, for some reason, and probably will pull a signal better on the same network compared to a Samsung phone, or an IBone.

But, put 3 htc one maxs on a table, side by side, on the same network, and the dbm's will all be very similar.
On a strong network, they will read close to the same, and on a lousy network, they will also read similar to each other...

People rave about Verizon's wonderful network, but for me, in the SW suburbs of Chicago, they sucked big time, and have for a long time.

People complain about how lousy Sprint's network is, but, I have had fantastic results with their network, on past HTC Evo's, Evo4g, and Evo 3d..
My current One max gets great signal quality, as does my families 2 htc ones...Is it the network, or the phones themselves?????

Anyways, we all agree to disagree, and just because your opinion may differ from mine, I am glad that we live in a world where we can disagree if we so choose...

I think most of us agree that the one max is an under rated, excellent phone, that doesn't get any where near the praise and exposure that it deserves...
27th January 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 335

1,392 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by centro714

From what I know, they are both triband phones so is it safe to assume where ever I get lte on my g2, I will get the same on the Max?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

the quality of the carriers signal is what determines this, NOT the phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

like I said, the quality of the carriers signal is what determines this, NOT the phone

I was responding to what you responded with. The response you provide above twice is not correct based on the OP question. He did not ask about the same phone in different locations or three of the same phones in the same location.

I truly do appreciate difference of opinion when it comes to things that are personal preference but not when the question being asked is about a technical fact.
4th February 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #13  
Flag San Antonio, Tx
Thanks Meter: 119

464 posts
I was at school waiting in the hallway for the professor to come. I complained about not being able to get a good signal. A guy across from me had a Samsung phone that was getting 4g while I was getting 3g.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread