5,599,677 Members 45,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone gone from official cm11 to mokee 4.4.2?

Tip us?

Ben36
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1374
Default Has anyone gone from official cm11 to mokee 4.4.2?

If so, what are your opinions on the change/ differences in both?

I'm debating whether to change over or not

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mysterion1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36 View Post
If so, what are your opinions on the change/ differences in both?

I'm debating whether to change over or not

Yeah, I did! In comparison to CM11, Mokee 4.4.2 has a much better performance than CM11, which used to be a little laggy...
Mokee 4.4.2 has an RC status and is very stable.
Updates aren't released so often than CM's, but the updates are coming with bigger changes. CM11 updates are coming almost each day, but only with translation updates and some tiny fixes, which are causing no mentionable improvements. Mokee's battery life on screen is almost the same (just a little better), off screen very much better, because of Mokee's battery saving toggle, which is a great feature! Mokee also offers some cool UI features/animations.
In the end I can say that CM has always been a good rom for our 4X HD and I've always been satisfied with CM but version 11 is still in nightly state, very unstable and at the moment I recommend Mokee instead of CM11. Maybe I'm going to have a look at CM11 again when a Snapshot or an RC comes out.
(I don't say CM is bad, it's just full of bugs until now)
Hope I could help ya!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Mysterion1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben36
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1374
Thanks! Do you use the stock kernel or iodak?

dimi89
Old
Thanks Meter 152
And what bugs we have on CM and don't on mokee since it is based on CM? Also mokee still have double press to wake up bug.Mokee is great rom but CM is too.For mute CM have better on-screen time and that is why I am using it.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
****LG 4x -Experimenting with different roms- ****

P.S.If someone help you it is polite to say "Thank you" (in this case hit "Thank you" button

Mysterion1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Thanks! Do you use the stock kernel or iodak?

I'm using Iodak v9.5. Stock kernel is also good, but Iodak has a better performance.

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi89 View Post
And what bugs we have on CM and don't on mokee since it is based on CM? Also mokee still have double press to wake up bug.Mokee is great rom but CM is too.For mute CM have better on-screen time and that is why I am using it.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
E.g. Mokee doesn't have lags or Wifi connection problems. Double press to wake up bug is fixed.

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD
The Following User Says Thank You to Mysterion1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben36
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1374
Does switching work without wiping data?

SilentGTX
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Not recommended
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentGTX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fluoxetine
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 421
Quote:

Most likely, CM11 based and Omni based require a wipe because, omni is awkward, check out my post in the beanstalk thread, I explained wiping and flashing etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentGTX View Post
Not recommended
Dude, was the question "is it recommended to wipe data?" ? No, so why give that answer xD

Of course it is not recommended, it is not recommended to void your warranty and risk bricking your phone by custom romming in the first place but you've come this far now

Take a backup, and if all else fails, just reflash kdz and start over.. Its fine, experiment, that's how to build experience, you learn what ROMs to wipe data, and which you can get away with...

All threads say "full wipe recommended" or similar, but no one ever listens xD

If dirty flash = bootloop, then clean flash, or choose a different rom, or use a backup method..

I encourage failure, then you build the experience of recovering a device, and then you are more confident knowing you have that back fall.

Thanks guys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluoxetine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]