XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGH-I337 with safe strap, No wifi

Tip us?

oldwiley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SGH-I337 with safe strap, No wifi

Sorry if this is answered else where but I have done several searches and spent hours hunting for the right answer, or possibly one a noob could understand. I just rooted my SGH-i337 and then installed Safe Strap 3.71 and the jflteatt-MK2-modules and hyperdrive RLS13. The problem is my wifi doesn’t work so I am thinking I need to ad a modem. My phone works ok. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense but I am pretty new to this stuff.

SGH-i337
Base band – i337UCUEMK2

I did just notice that the model number on my phone has change from SGH_i337 to SCH-i545

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 2nd February 2014 at 04:34 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwiley View Post
Sorry if this is answered else where but I have done several searches and spent hours hunting for the right answer, or possibly one a noob could understand. I just rooted my SGH-i337 and then installed Safe Strap 3.71 and the jflteatt-MK2-modules and hyperdrive RLS13. The problem is my wifi doesn’t work so I am thinking I need to ad a modem. My phone works ok. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense but I am pretty new to this stuff.

SGH-i337
Base band – i337UCUEMK2

I did just notice that the model number on my phone has change from SGH_i337 to SCH-i545
Check this thread by @guut13 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221 the last 4 pages all mentioned to install ATT compatible pack and then MK2 Modules ..check OP for guide and useful links..... goodluck..... :thumbup::thumbup: ...SCH-i545 is because base on Verizon device. .. And that's why u need ATT compatible pack and ATTmk2 modules install .....

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition
The Following User Says Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oldwiley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa View Post
Check this thread by @guut13 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221 the last 4 pages all mentioned to install ATT compatible pack and then MK2 Modules ..check OP for guide and useful links..... goodluck..... :thumbup::thumbup: ...SCH-i545 is because base on Verizon device. .. And that's why u need ATT compatible pack and ATTmk2 modules install .....

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition
Thanks ted77usa I will check out the link and see what I can figure out. This is fun stuff to mess with and it is great that the added rom lets you go back and forth with no problems. So when I get the right pack installed and then the modules will it say SGH-I337 again? That way I would know it is right if so. Thanks again for the help.

Dlnp22
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwiley View Post
Thanks ted77usa I will check out the link and see what I can figure out. This is fun stuff to mess with and it is great that the added rom lets you go back and forth with no problems. So when I get the right pack installed and then the modules will it say SGH-I337 again? That way I would know it is right if so. Thanks again for the help.
I tried what Ted was suggesting above. If you STILL have issues with wifi, downgrade your modem to a previous version(I used MDL). It'll fix your wifi, then you can flash current/MK2 and retain wifi.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dlnp22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oldwiley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default That fixed the problem Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlnp22 View Post
I tried what Ted was suggesting above. If you STILL have issues with wifi, downgrade your modem to a previous version(I used MDL). It'll fix your wifi, then you can flash current/MK2 and retain wifi.
I went in and delete the ROM slot, then rebooted and recreated it, then installed hyperdrive followed by the modules and everything works perfect. I confused the modules for the rom when I installed it the first time. Hey it ain't easy being a noob!

Thanks to Ted and Dlnp for the replies.