[Q] HTC One NO O/S TWRP Sideload No Device found

OP skempf85

4th February 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Ok guys, brand new to forums and brand new to Androids. Bought this phone off someone for cheap, was wondering if I could fix this. Have been googling for the past 4 hours and found some info. Here is what I know about the device.

It was rooted (not sure which rom), the recovery does say unlocked and tampered. I can boot into TWRP recovery. It says no OS. I have SDK Manager and correct updates, USB driver installed, HTC Sync Manager installed. Also have Stock rom for HTC One.

I have tried to use TWRP to load a stock rom using ADB, I can not in any way get it to read the device. On the phone I go into TWRP - > Advanced - ADB Sideload -> Swiped to sideload and it says Starting ADB Sideload feature... then nothing ( I assume that's all it says), I then go into command prompt and go to the proper directory and type ADB Devices (it says List of devices attached and nothing ), I still try to load rom and it says no devices attached.

Now I am completely new to rooting of android devices, I am a little tech savvy tho. But some detailed instructions would help and be most appreciated. Basically I just need help getting PC to read the HTC One, thanks!
4th February 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 186

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skempf85

Ok guys, brand new to forums and brand new to Androids. Bought this phone off someone for cheap, was wondering if I could fix this. Have been googling for the past 4 hours and found some info. Here is what I know about the device.

It was rooted (not sure which rom), the recovery does say unlocked and tampered. I can boot into TWRP recovery. It says no OS. I have SDK Manager and correct updates, USB driver installed, HTC Sync Manager installed. Also have Stock rom for HTC One.

I have tried to use TWRP to load a stock rom using ADB, I can not in any way get it to read the device. On the phone I go into TWRP - > Advanced - ADB Sideload -> Swiped to sideload and it says Starting ADB Sideload feature... then nothing ( I assume that's all it says), I then go into command prompt and go to the proper directory and type ADB Devices (it says List of devices attached and nothing ), I still try to load rom and it says no devices attached.

Now I am completely new to rooting of android devices, I am a little tech savvy tho. But some detailed instructions would help and be most appreciated. Basically I just need help getting PC to read the HTC One, thanks!

try this Latest HTC Drivers

if this doesn't get ur device recognized Uninstall the previously installed driver and try this
The Following User Says Thank You to droids@m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skempf85

Buy a USB OTG cable and drag the rom of ur choice to the USB. Go to TWRP recovery nd flash the rom. I suggest Android Revolution HD 51 custom rom. Based on Sense 5.5 nd KitKat with loads of tweaks.
4th February 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

Buy a USB OTG cable and drag the rom of ur choice to the USB. Go to TWRP recovery nd flash the rom. I suggest Android Revolution HD 51 custom rom. Based on Sense 5.5 nd KitKat with loads of tweaks.

Hey ok, so the USB OTG micro usb right? Would I use a flash drive I'm guessing??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread