Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Case for Xperia V?

Tip us?

jungleexplorer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile [Q] Case for Xperia V?

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a rugged case for the Xperia V. I have looked all over and I can't seem to find one. I was thinking that maybe a case for a different Xperia model might also work for the V. Any Ideas? Thanks

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 165
I tried a number of cases. To my opinion the best compromise in between bulk, protection and price is this one:
TPU Gel Silicone
I was surprised about the good quality for the price. In particular the operation of the (covered) main button and volume rocker is pleasant. Other phones have cut-outs on this spots, so I had to poke inside for reaching the button. It adds considerable weight to the phone, which does not feels as elegant, slim and trim anymore. Avoid the white version, it can look dirty easily.

This one is also good with even slightly better protection, but it's not quite as accurate cut:
Crossline

I don't want to mention them all, just one more: My biggest disappointed was the Nilkin case. Now some people will shout out bcs they like it so much. It is to my opinion just a scratch protector. I disliked the slippery material. I had a couple of situations when the phone almost dropped down when I operated it 1-handed, and this case is nothing more than a really thin layer of hard plastic. Well, it does not add to the bulk and looks good.

All these cases are also available from other Ebay vendors.
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."
The Following User Says Thank You to peter-k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jungleexplorer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the links. I was looking for cases more along the lines of this one for the Xperia Z.
BLACK BLUE EXO STRETCH RUGGED CASE COVER SONY XPERIA Z

or this one for the S4
BodyGlove Shocksuit MIL Spec Rugged Shock Case +Screen Cover for Galaxy S 4

Sorry. I am too new to post links yet.

Wow! The captchas on this site are so good, not even HUMANS can read them! I will try to submit this post for the 10th time! NOPE! Did not work. The links in the quoted text is stopping it. Here goes try 11! Starting to get frustrated here!

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleexplorer View Post
... snip
Wow! The captchas on this site are so good, not even HUMANS can read them! I will try to submit this post for the 10th time! NOPE! Did not work. The links in the quoted text is stopping it. Here goes try 11! Starting to get frustrated here!
I think you can't post these. You do bring back memories of my last years noob time. The forum mods are deaf to these sort of problems. The next issue you may notice is that some of the sticky thread standard info here aimed at noobs is almost like unreadable for a noob. All I can say is: Don't give up. In the end you will be rewarded by friendly folks and a lot of really useful knowledge exchange.

jungleexplorer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I guess there are no such cases for the V. Too bad! I thought since it is a water resistant phone, it would make sense that they would make a rugges case for. Seems logical too me, but my logic never seems to follow the common thinking of the crowd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 165
The water resistance on mine lasted for abt 3 -4 months. Then the seal on the USB cover was broken. There are replacement covers, but they cost more than the same amount of gold.

Please don't forget these device are made with a projected life span of abt 18 months in mind.

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more