XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updated and lost Play store

Tip us?

Bigpgr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Updated and lost Play store

Help Guys, i accepted an update from CyanogenMod and play store does not respond now, i got so frustrated with it i uninstalled the play store (proper noob eh)
Is there anyway i can 'undo' the update?

cheers

adam_ky
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpgr View Post
Help Guys, i accepted an update from CyanogenMod and play store does not respond now, i got so frustrated with it i uninstalled the play store (proper noob eh)

cheers
Which version did u update from and what to?
More than likely, you will need a different version of google apps. To do this you will have to flash from the cwm recovery once you hasve the right gaps. Also i would highly recomend a factory restore in settings afterword. I always factory restore after an update if going from one vrrsion to annother and not a fresh install

sandsofmyst
Old
(Last edited by sandsofmyst; 5th February 2014 at 02:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpgr View Post

cheers
Did you try reinstalling the play store -> http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12...tors-and-more/

Download .apk and install from cm file manager in the apps list. You'll need to enable settings -> security -> unknown sources before installing.

Perhaps it will work after that.

Or you can reboot into recovery and flash the gapps again. Flash gapps for the version of cm you use.

Otherwise, you should make full backups in the recovery before installing an update so you can roll right back.

Or you can wipe and do a clean install.

I've never tried installing an older update but if you want to see if that works or crashes and burns then there's an option too. That won't bring back play store though
HTC sensation 4G | cm11 albinoman ROM - 3/2/14 Workaround for incoming phone calls going to missed (including the swipe issue) with all cm based roms -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=884
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official ROM (331 hours of uptime reached with much daily use)
....Nook HD+ 16 | (Returned due to random reboots; defective tablet)