Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] battery trick

Tip us?

philwire
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] battery trick

hi, I'm having difficulties doing the battery trick with a particular nexus one phone. I have a second one, and it's not as hard to do with that second one. but my 'daily driver' is really driving me nuts, it can sometimes take over an hour to get the damn thing going, and it gets exponantially frustrating when flashing roms and having to do battery pulls because adb reboot won't work. Using different charges don't really help, but sometimes I get more lucky with a wall charger instead of a usb wire in a usb to wall charger

So, what triggers the battery bootup? is it a voltage boost? could I trigger it by sticking a second charger's stripped wires in the battery pins? I even have 2 extra batteries with the same voltage, if that can help anything!

TurdWiper
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1
What is a battery trick

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

philwire
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
battery trick is to plug the charger in the usb port, then remove and reinsert the battery a few times because the power button is defective - a common problem with nexus ones

my profile is too new to post a youtube link

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2614
Not sure why its not working for you but you can get a replacement button for less then $15 and it takes less then 10 min to fix

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2614
When I fixed mine about a year ago I just searched on eBay, it comes as the whole flex cable. I have fixed a lot of electronics over the years so I just took it apart and replaced it but I'm sure if you search there will be a disassembly guide somewhere. If you get stuck feel free to ask though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app