[Q] PowerButton Not working

Search This thread

Jexbox

Dec 10, 2013
Mumbai
I have had the One V for almost a year now, my power button was not working and i had it replaced once, but again I'm facing the same issue, i have rooted and phone and installed Ignorance rom, i want to know is there any way that I can give it to Htc because the warranty is void coz i've rooted or any way i can repair it myself.??

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
I have had the One V for almost a year now, my power button was not working and i had it replaced once, but again I'm facing the same issue, i have rooted and phone and installed Ignorance rom, i want to know is there any way that I can give it to Htc because the warranty is void coz i've rooted or any way i can repair it myself.??

You have to get use to that situation cause it's normal and repairs won't help too long :p For now every ROM for HOV supports sweep2wake and tap2wake ;) additionally, Igonrance have that amazing Lidroid panel with reboot and shutdown action or you can install some apps for such actions ;)

Last edited:

Jexbox

Dec 10, 2013
Mumbai
Yeah I've been using Those amazing features until now :D, but yesterday my battery died.. and i had a really tough time powering my HOV on, and it seems kinda useless to have a powerbutton and not use it..So i was wondering, will the Service Center recognize if I relock my bootloader and flash Ruu again and give it for repairs?

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012
Yeah I've been using Those amazing features until now :D, but yesterday my battery died.. and i had a really tough time powering my HOV on, and it seems kinda useless to have a powerbutton and not use it..So i was wondering, will the Service Center recognize if I relock my bootloader and flash Ruu again and give it for repairs?

I haven't tried it but some users in different internet communities say that service centers repair their phones under warranty if hardware (not software) is the fault reason. Even if it has been unlocked or rooted. Of course it might depend on country or even on the service center guy mood.

So I guess you may try flashing the appropriate RUU (to restore the stock software as possible) and asking service center to replace the faulty button. And you may ask if this will cost you in advance. =)

Edit: and could you please share your experience if you will try. ;)

Last edited:

Jexbox

Dec 10, 2013
Mumbai
I haven't tried it but some users in different internet communities say that service centers repair their phones under warranty if hardware (not software) is the fault reason. Even if it has been unlocked or rooted. Of course it might depend on country or even on the service center guy mood.

So I guess you may try flashing the appropriate RUU (to restore the stock software as possible) and asking service center to replace the faulty button. And you may ask if this will cost you in advance. =)

Edit: and could you please share your experience if you will try. ;)

Thanks for your reply, I will try it tomorrow and ask the service center about it and will report back surely. :D :)

Edit: I got it repaired from HTC, although the service guy was a fool, he just repaired the phone and gave it back, didn't even check bootloader or anything, feels good to have my power button back :D :D

Last edited: