4th February 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #11  
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHawkEye

Cannot I just replace my dialer apk?

It's easier to just do a clean install (wipe /system, flash previous build, then flash delta) or simply install the full ROM...
The Following User Says Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

It's easier to just do a clean install (wipe /system, flash previous build, then flash delta) or simply install the full ROM...

As I do have cm11 which is Aosp based, I can reinstall without losing my apps. Am I right?
4th February 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #13  
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHawkEye

As I do have cm11 which is Aosp based, I can reinstall without losing my apps. Am I right?

You have to flash data or factory reset to lose all your apps. This is optional in installing/migrating/upgrading of AOSP Kitkat ROMs. Do it if you experience many forced closes or glitches. It is also recommended (not optional) to wipe cache and dalvik cache, and if you want to ensure even cleaner installation, wipe /system.
The Following User Says Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #14  
Flag Margao
Thanks Meter: 138

386 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

You have to flash data or factory reset to lose all your apps. This is optional in installing/migrating/upgrading of AOSP Kitkat ROMs. Do it if you experience many forced closes or glitches. It is also recommended (not optional) to wipe cache and dalvik cache, and if you want to ensure even cleaner installation, wipe /system.

you could use titanium backup and backup the apps you need
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread