CyanogenMod 11 problem

Tip us?

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHawkEye View Post
Cannot I just replace my dialer apk?
It's easier to just do a clean install (wipe /system, flash previous build, then flash delta) or simply install the full ROM...
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
The Following User Says Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BloodHawkEye
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
It's easier to just do a clean install (wipe /system, flash previous build, then flash delta) or simply install the full ROM...
As I do have cm11 which is Aosp based, I can reinstall without losing my apps. Am I right?

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHawkEye View Post
As I do have cm11 which is Aosp based, I can reinstall without losing my apps. Am I right?
You have to flash data or factory reset to lose all your apps. This is optional in installing/migrating/upgrading of AOSP Kitkat ROMs. Do it if you experience many forced closes or glitches. It is also recommended (not optional) to wipe cache and dalvik cache, and if you want to ensure even cleaner installation, wipe /system.
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
The Following User Says Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shanbhagatul
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
You have to flash data or factory reset to lose all your apps. This is optional in installing/migrating/upgrading of AOSP Kitkat ROMs. Do it if you experience many forced closes or glitches. It is also recommended (not optional) to wipe cache and dalvik cache, and if you want to ensure even cleaner installation, wipe /system.
you could use titanium backup and backup the apps you need