Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

rooting 4.3

Tip us?

slimjonesy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default rooting 4.3

Hello guys. I want to root my s4 on 4.3 tryed to find qbkings method but it looks like it doesn't support 4.3? All I want is stock root so I can get free WiFi teather. That's it nothing more, nothing less. Thanks in advance guys!

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 4th February 2014 at 04:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2,375

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjonesy View Post
Hello guys. I want to root my s4 on 4.3 tryed to find qbkings method but it looks like it doesn't support 4.3? All I want is stock root so I can get free WiFi teather. That's it nothing more, nothing less. Thanks in advance guys!
If you are on 4.3 baseband and don't mind the possibility of voiding warranty then
here is the direct download link for cf-autorooter by chainfire for your phone:
http://download.chainfire.eu/316/CF-...xx-gti9505.zip
Unzip into empty folder and use Odin which is in the zip to flash the TAR.MD5 file.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slimjonesy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Will this give new free Wi-Fi tether or will I need to load that also? Thank you!!!!

simon7997
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Use kingoo. Just Google kingoo. Download it. Install on computer. Connect your phone to computer n follow the steps given by kingoo. Its way lot easier thn any other method

slimjonesy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Week this method include free Wi-Fi tether? If not it's there an appi can download?

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 2,375

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: rooting

Quote:
Week this method include free Wi-Fi tether? If not it's there an appi can download?
This has nothing to do with wifi tether, this will simply root the phone.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slimjonesy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
This has nothing to do with wifi tether, this will simply root the phone.

Good luck!
I know this is just root, but didn't know if it came with tether. Any suggestions on where our how to get tether? I've rooted before on other phones and installed custom roms with tether built in, but this is for a friend who cannot get internet in his home so he uses his 3g connection off his phone as a tether. He used it on his s2 for years and it worked fine. Now he upgraded to an s4 and needs his internet back.lol.
Thanks again guys!!

opticus44
Old
Thanks Meter 12
You dont need root to use tethering