5,595,645 Members 45,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help: My stock nandroid erased.

Tip us?
 
big_dog1968
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orlando
Unhappy [Q] Help: My stock nandroid erased.

I had made a back up before the first time I flashed a rom. I had successfully used it to restore, but one time it just took forever to restore and then it wouldn't boot. TWRP then wanted a password, because the rom hadn't booted, the only solution I found was to format data, which killed my back up. Is there a flashable stock rom I can use to return my phone to factory settings. I don't care if it is ICS or JB, but I need it to not be custom. My USB is messed up and I am almost out of warranty. Need to take phone for service tomorrow, and don't want them to see a custom rom running. I've done this before with no prob, even though tech you void your warranty, in practice, they don't much check beyond cursory look. Please help if you can.
Thanks in advance.
 
adfurgerson
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 507
Posts: 1,294
Join Date: Jan 2011
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2067871
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
big_dog1968
Old
(Last edited by big_dog1968; 4th February 2014 at 05:22 AM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
Thanks. Is there a way of making the recovery original (or at least appear that way) and then later go back to the way it was, where I could flash, without having to repeat the whole process. If they can't or won't fix my USB, I won't be able to connect a usb cable which, if I remember, I had to do to root my phone. Not sure if I asked the question the right way, but I just want to make sure I don't get stuck in 4.1 if they deny my claim. I am right at the end of my 1 yr warranty and wouldn't want to pay for a repair. No sure I am asking the right way? Thanks again for the help.
 
adfurgerson
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 507
Posts: 1,294
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_dog1968 View Post
Thanks. Is there a way of making the recovery original (or at least appear that way) and then later go back to the way it was, where I could flash, without having to repeat the whole process. If they can't or won't fix my USB, I won't be able to connect a usb cable which, if I remember, I had to do to root my phone. Not sure if I asked the question the right way, but I just want to make sure I don't get stuck in 4.1 if they deny my claim. I am right at the end of my 1 yr warranty and wouldn't want to pay for a repair. No sure I am asking the right way? Thanks again for the help.
I wouldn't know of a way to do that, but the replacement part is cheap.
http://phonepartsusa.com/lg/optimus-...FW1nOgodd00ABg
Here is link for service manual.
https://app.box.com/s/aul9oyk1q1bx7ykjala0
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
big_dog1968
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
I wouldn't know of a way to do that, but the replacement part is cheap.
http://phonepartsusa.com/lg/optimus-...FW1nOgodd00ABg
Here is link for service manual.
https://app.box.com/s/aul9oyk1q1bx7ykjala0
Thanks again. I'm going to see if I can get them to do it. If that fails I may try to fix it on my own. Don't have soldering equipment or know how, so I'd be nervous about possibly screwing the whole thing up, but if it looked simple enough, I might try it, especially if it would save me some money.
 
adfurgerson
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 507
Posts: 1,294
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_dog1968 View Post
Thanks again. I'm going to see if I can get them to do it. If that fails I may try to fix it on my own. Don't have soldering equipment or know how, so I'd be nervous about possibly screwing the whole thing up, but if it looked simple enough, I might try it, especially if it would save me some money.
The part is the whole assembly and probably has a ribbon connection. The pictures in the manual are too small to tell on my phone and I didn't get around to reading any of it.
 
big_dog1968
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orlando
On the last day of my warranty, they gave me a new phone, due to the USB not working!! Happy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Add Swipe Utilities to Your App with SimpleFingerGestures Library

Gestures have become an increasingly important element in smartphone UI … more

Android App Review: Lock it Down with Lockdown Pro – XDA Developer TV

Our smartphones are our lives. They store our contacts, emails, … more

Get the AOSP Lock Screen on Your ICS-Powered Samsung Device

Android is the only popular mobile operating system that allows users, … more