Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 51,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wierd problem when turning screen off and on

Tip us?

coldsun15
Old
(Last edited by coldsun15; 1st February 2014 at 08:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Question [Q] Wierd problem when turning screen off and on

Hey guys, im having a bit of a problem. My phone is shuting off on itself.
Everytime i turn it on, it boots up no problem, but when i hit the power button to turn the screen off, when i want to turn the screen on again by pressing the power button, the screen just goes deep blue, and turns off.

I haven't change anything on it for quite a few months now, so i'm not sure why this is happening. Im on Viper 3.5 i think or 3.7, using faux123 kernel, dont remember which version, but an old one with which i never had any troubles... rooted, s-on

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Coldsun15

PD: Logcat in the .rar file...was too big for .txt
Attached Files
File Type: rar problem.rar - [Click for QR Code] (33.9 KB, 8 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to coldsun15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coldsun15
Old
(Last edited by coldsun15; 5th February 2014 at 04:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Really?? No one??

Well, just for further info... my phone appeared to fix itself, since it stopped doing that weird thing for a couple of days, but now is back... nothing ever changed, no new apps, or settings or anything...

Any ideas welcome

Edit: Attaching new logcats...
Attached Files
File Type: txt PnP.txt - [Click for QR Code] (332 Bytes, 0 views)
File Type: txt Power2.txt - [Click for QR Code] (966 Bytes, 0 views)
File Type: rar problem2.rar - [Click for QR Code] (52.6 KB, 1 views)

fenstre
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsun15 View Post
Well, just for further info... my phone appeared to fix itself, since it stopped doing that weird thing for a couple of days, but now is back... nothing ever changed, no new apps, or settings or anything...
I think your power button is broken (or you may have a related hardware issue). Nothing but a root app can reboot the phone, and I've never seen that happen by accident.
If I helped, click Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to fenstre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coldsun15
Old
(Last edited by coldsun15; 5th February 2014 at 04:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
I think your power button is broken (or you may have a related hardware issue). Nothing but a root app can reboot the phone, and I've never seen that happen by accident.
Yeah, i thought about it being hardware but something is off... i mean, if it where the power button, then i shouldnt be able to turn it on easily, or it wouldnt turn off the screen properly, nor would it just start working alright for a couple of days... plus, it didnt recieve any hits or anything during, before or after the problem.

I also thought it could be the screen, but when its on, it works perfectly, as on the first day...

But yeah, I'm not taking hardware problem out of the table...just seems unlikely to me...

Thanks for your answer!

Coldsun15

Edit: also, I just found out it doesnt actually restart...screen just turns dark blue, then it powers the screen off and it wont turn on when pressing power... but i know its on, because i can still hear notification sounds of incoming messages...

Edit2: Just tried same but instead of using power button, i used logo2sleep and home2wake kernel options, and did the on/off with them, and same result...dark blue screen then off and not turning on... so it cant be power button