Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 38,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing different variants modem

Tip us?

zee24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Cool [Q] Flashing different variants modem

Hi guys i have an M919V s4 and my question is can i flash a different variants say for example 1337M modem file to mine, im trying to flash an old modem so that i can unlock my phone using the *#0011# method. I am rooted and running a custom rom so what do you guys think is it possible? Could i flash another variants modem unlock my phone then flash my carriers rom and keep the unlock?

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zee24 View Post
Hi guys i have an M919V s4 and my question is can i flash a different variants say for example 1337M modem file to mine, im trying to flash an old modem so that i can unlock my phone using the *#0011# method. I am rooted and running a custom rom so what do you guys think is it possible? Could i flash another variants modem unlock my phone then flash my carriers rom and keep the unlock?
I doubt it. It's not made for your model so chances are it won't flash or won't work. Try using RegionLock Away or finding your phone's older firmware on sammobile and extracting the modem with 7zip and ext2explore.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]