XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] About Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

Tip us?

MrSlendy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] About Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

Hello I want to root my Samsung Galay S4 19505 (I'm not sure if it's LTE.. I think it supports LTE? It hase an LTE at the back of the box.)
I have this phone for 5 months now but I don't know if this site (I can't post links. the site true-android blogspot com/2013/11/root-i9505xxuemke-galaxy-s4-gt-i9505.html) could be helpful. I only trust xda-developers and before I have successfully rooted my old samsung ace with the help of xda-developers site .

Android version: 4.3
Baseband version: I9505XXUEMKE
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-2082040

thanks

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1869

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlendy View Post
Hello I want to root my Samsung Galay S4 19505 (I'm not sure if it's LTE.. I think it supports LTE? It hase an LTE at the back of the box.)
I have this phone for 5 months now but I don't know if this site (I can't post links. the site true-android blogspot com/2013/11/root-i9505xxuemke-galaxy-s4-gt-i9505.html) could be helpful. I only trust xda-developers and before I have successfully rooted my old samsung ace with the help of xda-developers site .

Android version: 4.3
Baseband version: I9505XXUEMKE
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-2082040

thanks
If you are on 4.3 baseband and don't mind the possibility of voiding warranty then
here is the direct download link for cf-autorooter by chainfire for your phone:
http://download.chainfire.eu/316/CF-...xx-gti9505.zip
Unzip into empty folder and use Odin which is in the zip to flash the TAR.MD5 file.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

MrSlendy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
If you are on 4.3 baseband and don't mind the possibility of voiding warranty then
here is the direct download link for cf-autorooter by chainfire for your phone:

Unzip into empty folder and use Odin which is in the zip to flash the TAR.MD5 file.

Good luck!
Hmm.. Gonna think about that autorooter..
I more confident in manually rooting like what I did at my old phone.. maybe I'll just try the site.

opticus44
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yeah, I have always used the cf-autoroot with odin, fast simple and clean
It will trip the knox vw thingy, but I didnt mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to opticus44 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]