Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

[Q] galaxy s4 Odin plus WiFi problems. help

OP dirtyr3d21

2nd February 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a Galaxy s4 that I updated to 4.3 Rooted using saferoot. Then noticed I was unable to downgrade or install any ROMs without safe Strap. Now I'm without WiFi and unable to flash anything via Odin.(FAIL! AUTH )I Just really want to reset and unroot.please help
Last edited by dirtyr3d21; 2nd February 2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: plus. I'm using an AT&T, MK2
4th February 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

171 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyr3d21

I have a Galaxy s4 that I updated to 4.3 Rooted using saferoot. Then noticed I was unable to downgrade or install any ROMs without safe Strap. Now I'm without WiFi and unable to flash anything via Odin.(FAIL! AUTH )I Just really want to reset and unroot.please help

Lack of wifi shouldn't prevent you from flashing back to stock via Odin, I don't believe? Keep reading up on Odin flashing process. Surely something is getting missed. Check your md5 on all files you're trying to flash.
5th February 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,264 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You're using the MK2 specific tar files right? and you made sure they fully downloaded? And you are on the I337 and not I337m or something?
5th February 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Yes my baseband version and model number both end with MK2. I've also tried download numerous MK2 modules. I used safe strap and changed my baseband to MJ6. I cannot find a firmware to flash via oden. And my WiFi still refuses to turn on..... That's the only problem I'm having...

Currently using
Galaxy s4 AT&T 4.3 MK2
Saferoot
Stock ROM/Kernel
WiFi (stuck OFF)
5th February 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I forgot to mention.....
If possible can someone help me with either a method to completely unroot back to the stock 4.3, or a fix for the WiFi problem. I've already also tried to factory reset after deleting safe strap and removing root (super su) still there was no luck.
5th February 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,264 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I forgot to mention.....
If possible can someone help me with either a method to completely unroot back to the stock 4.3, or a fix for the WiFi problem. I've already also tried to factory reset after deleting safe strap and removing root (super su) still there was no luck.

What i meant is using the tar files to return to completely stock. Factory Reset only wipes the user data, and doesn't change the system. Even root can be kept through a factory reset.
5th February 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
When I tried to use the tar files I kept getting an error "FAIL!! (Auth). Individual files work modem, boot, & recovery. I tried using other md5 files which I later realized wasn't MK2. So now I understand I need to find the MK2-MD5 zip so that I can flash (Odin).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread