Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 48,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] galaxy s4 Odin plus WiFi problems. help

Tip us?

dirtyr3d21
Old
(Last edited by dirtyr3d21; 2nd February 2014 at 08:28 AM.) Reason: plus. I'm using an AT&T, MK2
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] galaxy s4 Odin plus WiFi problems. help

I have a Galaxy s4 that I updated to 4.3 Rooted using saferoot. Then noticed I was unable to downgrade or install any ROMs without safe Strap. Now I'm without WiFi and unable to flash anything via Odin.(FAIL! AUTH )I Just really want to reset and unroot.please help

Dlnp22
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyr3d21 View Post
I have a Galaxy s4 that I updated to 4.3 Rooted using saferoot. Then noticed I was unable to downgrade or install any ROMs without safe Strap. Now I'm without WiFi and unable to flash anything via Odin.(FAIL! AUTH )I Just really want to reset and unroot.please help
Lack of wifi shouldn't prevent you from flashing back to stock via Odin, I don't believe? Keep reading up on Odin flashing process. Surely something is getting missed. Check your md5 on all files you're trying to flash.

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You're using the MK2 specific tar files right? and you made sure they fully downloaded? And you are on the I337 and not I337m or something?
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

dirtyr3d21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes my baseband version and model number both end with MK2. I've also tried download numerous MK2 modules. I used safe strap and changed my baseband to MJ6. I cannot find a firmware to flash via oden. And my WiFi still refuses to turn on..... That's the only problem I'm having...

Currently using
Galaxy s4 AT&T 4.3 MK2
Saferoot
Stock ROM/Kernel
WiFi (stuck OFF)

dirtyr3d21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I forgot to mention.....
If possible can someone help me with either a method to completely unroot back to the stock 4.3, or a fix for the WiFi problem. I've already also tried to factory reset after deleting safe strap and removing root (super su) still there was no luck.

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I forgot to mention.....
If possible can someone help me with either a method to completely unroot back to the stock 4.3, or a fix for the WiFi problem. I've already also tried to factory reset after deleting safe strap and removing root (super su) still there was no luck.
What i meant is using the tar files to return to completely stock. Factory Reset only wipes the user data, and doesn't change the system. Even root can be kept through a factory reset.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

dirtyr3d21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
When I tried to use the tar files I kept getting an error "FAIL!! (Auth). Individual files work modem, boot, & recovery. I tried using other md5 files which I later realized wasn't MK2. So now I understand I need to find the MK2-MD5 zip so that I can flash (Odin).