5,594,341 Members 38,003 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Signal/IMEI After Flashing PAC Man Rom

Tip us?
 
failbed
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 55
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default No Signal/IMEI After Flashing PAC Man Rom

I have searched countless of Forums and gone through Google alot and i still havnt found a solution yet, but coming from Stock Rom C6903_14.2.A.0.290 with Unlocked Bootloader and flashing PAC Man Rom in CWM succesful, but as soon as i get into the Rom, theres no Signal and i also checked my IMEI and it just says 0000000000...?? Is there anyway to restore the IMEI number to get the signal back somehow, or do i restore a Baseband or TA from another Stock Rom to get the signal/IMEI back..???
 
tthaz777
Old
(Last edited by tthaz777; 20th December 2013 at 06:10 PM.)
#2  
tthaz777's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 200
Posts: 242
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by failbed View Post
I have searched countless of Forums and gone through Google alot and i still havnt found a solution yet, but coming from Stock Rom C6903_14.2.A.0.290 with Unlocked Bootloader and flashing PAC Man Rom in CWM succesful, but as soon as i get into the Rom, theres no Signal and i also checked my IMEI and it just says 0000000000...?? Is there anyway to restore the IMEI number to get the signal back somehow, or do i restore a Baseband or TA from another Stock Rom to get the signal/IMEI back..???

My Xperia Z1 encountered the same problem after flashing C6903 14.1.G.1.534 Generic UK 1276-0875_R9A. The IMEI was changed to 00000000000000.
Here is the solution: Flashing C6903 14.2.A.0.290 Generic AU 1277-0078_R2B via Flashtool will restore IMEI (I got back IMEI)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469191
https://mega.co.nz/#!78x2yQaD!Plck0j...AM16FyQ5bgAbFg
 
Just2Cause
Old
#3  
Just2Cause's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 244
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Doha, Qatar

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthaz777 View Post
My Xperia Z1 encountered the same problem after flashing C6903 14.1.G.1.534 Generic UK 1276-0875_R9A. The IMEI was changed to 00000000000000.
Here is the solution: Flashing C6903 14.2.A.0.290 Generic AU 1277-0078_R2B via Flashtool will restore IMEI (I got back IMEI)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469191
https://mega.co.nz/#!78x2yQaD!Plck0j...AM16FyQ5bgAbFg
If you use flashtool to flash 4.3 ftf you will get problems like not having signal after flashing previous version (4.2) and the solution that worked for me is to reinstall software using SUS. After that I was able to get signal when flashing 4.2


Regards,
~J2C
 
nicolas2b
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Hi all,

Same problem here : upgrade to .290 and install the PAC ROM, the install is ok but no IMEI (so no connectivity). Is anyone know how to solve without losing the rom.
If I flash the original/stock ftf, it works again, but it's not the PAC ROM, so 1 win for 1 loss.

Thanks
 
Just2Cause
Old
#5  
Just2Cause's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 244
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Doha, Qatar

 
DONATE TO ME
Android 4.3 obviously changes something in the phone so that if you jump to another version it won't get signal or IMEI.

Anyway, the solution is simple.

Flash 290 and then 257. You'll get the signal and IMEI. If you want, you can go to 534 from 257 and then flash any ROM you want.


P.S: you don't have to flash 534, but you can do it if you want.
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just2Cause For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nicolas2b
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
@Just2Cause
I unlock my BL so if I downgrade to 257, the camera will work or it will have the same "bug" as the 4.2 FW. after flashing to 257, do I need to stay on a 4.2 FW to keep the IMEI or can I flash the PAC ROM (which use a 4.3 FW) ?

Also, when I did the upgrade to .290 I use the sony companion app and it gave me no probleme (IMEI, call, sms was ok) it's specifically the PAC ROM that reset the IMEI. So I wonder what differs at low-level between the stock .290 and the PAC ROM, that can affect the IMEI

Tks
 
Simow.b
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 568
Join Date: Sep 2010
Download any .ftf (GENERIC is recommended) flash it using flashtool, and download the .ftf kernel for that specific ROM that you have flashed and flash it also using flashtool. i had the same problem downgrading from .290 to .534 i forgot to flash the kernel for .534 so i was stuck with IMEI 000000000.

Cheers
DO NOT THANK ME, BUT PRESS THAT THANKS BUTTON





Device: LG G2 16Gigs

Color: (Black)
 
Just2Cause
Old
#8  
Just2Cause's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 244
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Doha, Qatar

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas2b View Post
@Just2Cause
I unlock my BL so if I downgrade to 257, the camera will work or it will have the same "bug" as the 4.2 FW. after flashing to 257, do I need to stay on a 4.2 FW to keep the IMEI or can I flash the PAC ROM (which use a 4.3 FW) ?

Also, when I did the upgrade to .290 I use the sony companion app and it gave me no probleme (IMEI, call, sms was ok) it's specifically the PAC ROM that reset the IMEI. So I wonder what differs at low-level between the stock .290 and the PAC ROM, that can affect the IMEI

Tks
It's not the PAC ROM that resets your IMEI, I also got same problem when I downgraded from 290 to 534.

I'm afraid that you will lose camera (not sure, just maybe) after downgrading you will be able to install PAC ROM without any problem.

There must be something in Sony 4.3 firmware that needs to be ported to other ROMS so the camera gets fixed.
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.
 
JDGG1993
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2011
Default I got it working!

IDK if you guys have figured it out yourselves but here is what I did...

After unlocking my bootloader on .290 I flashed the latest nightly build of PAC-man. Same as you guys My IMEI number was 000000000.
So what I did was flash [NUT]'s .534 ftf for downgrading to 4.2.2 (found here: http://nut.xperia-files.com/files/C6903_14.1.G.1.534_[NUT].ftf.torrent) which brought back my IMEI number!
From there I rooted my phone again, flashed the boot.img for recovery, flashed the latest build of PAC-man and tada! Everything is working.

The Following User Says Thank You to JDGG1993 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

HTC Releases Dual Lens SDK for the HTC One M8 (2014)

One of the highlights of the HTC One M8is its new dual lens camera system. Termed … more

Google ATAP Reveals Project Ara Developer Kits and 100K Prize Challenge

Today, Paul Eremenko from Google’s Advanced Technology and … more

Configure Your System Settings on a Per-App Basis

Do you ever like to make sure that certain device settings are enabled prior to entering a … more