Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot access certain roms on my rooted htc one

Tip us?

katsock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cannot access certain roms on my rooted htc one

Hello guys, i have a bit of a problem here.

Earlier last August I had a family friend root my HTC One for me, load up a few roms, and told me to test some out. Months and months later, I have some knowledge of ADB, test out tons of roms, and love my phone.
The issue is I STILL have these 3 roms on my phone, and I cannot for the life of me get rid of them!

now it's hard to explain exactly whats up, but I will do my best!

In recovery, which is currently CWM v 6.0.4.6, I hit -> install zip, choose zip from /sdcard and at the very bottom of the list I have

ARHD 12, Trickdroid, and ViperOne

I can NEVER find these with any explorer, cannot search for them, or find them anywhere on my device. Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Also to help clarify, if I download a rom in say google chrome, I need to hit /0/ after I hit "choose zip from /sdcard" in order to find it under downloads.

Any help would be awesome. Sorry if this is in the wrong area, I don't post often.

fenstre
Old
(Last edited by fenstre; 5th February 2014 at 04:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsock View Post
In recovery, which is currently CWM v 6.0.4.6, I hit -> install zip, choose zip from /sdcard and at the very bottom of the list I have
ARHD 12, Trickdroid, and ViperOne
I can NEVER find these with any explorer, cannot search for them, or find them anywhere on my device. Does anyone have any idea what I can do?
I think the files are located in /data/media. You can find them with a root explorer (if not running as root, /data will just appear empty). Or you can use ADB (not a terminal emulator on your phone, that won't work). To see these files, you type:
Code:
adb shell ls /mnt/shell/emulated
To delete a file, you type:
Code:
adb shell rm "/mnt/shell/emulated/Some-Rom.zip"
FYI, /sdcard another directory, which links to another directory, etc., with the final location being /data/media/0. Most file-type data is stored in /data/media, but the files outside "0" aren't meant to be accessed directly. But since we still need access at times for various reasons, if you're using the ADB shell, you can see the contents of this folder by using the "magic" path "/mnt/shell/emulated".
If I helped, click Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to fenstre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

katsock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
I think the files are located in /data/media. You can find them with a root explorer (if not running as root, /data will just appear empty). Or you can use ADB (not a terminal emulator on your phone, that won't work). To see these files, you type:
Code:
adb shell ls /mnt/shell/emulated
To delete a file, you type:
Code:
adb shell rm "/mnt/shell/emulated/Some-Rom.zip"
FYI, /sdcard another directory, which links to another directory, etc., with the final location being /data/media/0. Most file-type data is stored in /data/media, but the files outside "0" aren't meant to be accessed directly. But since we still need access at times for various reasons, if you're using the ADB shell, you can see the contents of this folder by using the "magic" path "/mnt/shell/emulated".
Thanks so much! it was in data/media! thank god I could stop going through each and every folder. I just got about 3 gigs back that I thought were filled up forever!