Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth Issues

Tip us?

dteg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Bluetooth Issues

i've seen quite a few bluetooth issues on here, but none quite describe my issue with the note thus far. i've found that when watching a tv show or listening to music and you have the media paused for a certain amount of time, pressing play causes an immediate bluetooth disconnect AND the bluetooth doesn't function until a device restart.
for e.g.
streaming a tv show and pausing it to let it load
upon pressing the play button the bluetooth disconnects from headset and then turns off.
any attempt to turn back on the bluetooth will result in it saying "turning on bluetooth" then automatically turning back off.
this will then persist with the bluetooth never turning on again until after a device reset.

has anyone experienced anything similar? it's quite annoying when you can't pause anything because it literally breaks your bluetooth.
Phones:
HTC Desire - Unlocked and Rooted
HTC Mytouch 4G - Unlocked and Rooted
HTC One S- Unlocked and Rooted

HTC One - Unlocked and Rooted

Tablets:
Asus Transformer Infinity - Rooted
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition

Geordie Affy
Old
Thanks Meter 99
No my bluetooth has been brilliant.

I have had stuff on pause for ages and it still works perfectly whenever i decide to play the video again. Couldnt guess what the problem is here as it could be your bluetooth headphones decide to timeout or if your Notes bluetooth is acting up or even they just dont like eachother....tbh my post hast helped at all just confused things....sorry :/

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Dell Inspiron 1720 - Awesome Laptop

dteg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
i thought at first it was maybe the headphones but i've tried different pairs, and they work flawlessly with my cell. i also thought timeout was an issue since i read that in another bluetooth post here on xda so i increased the bluetooth timeout to never, but that did nothing to help.

i did find somewhat of a temporary solution though:
if i go to settings > all apps and i clear the cache, clear data and force stop everything with the word bluetooth in it, the functionality returns. but you lose the entire buffer of your video :P
Phones:
HTC Desire - Unlocked and Rooted
HTC Mytouch 4G - Unlocked and Rooted
HTC One S- Unlocked and Rooted

HTC One - Unlocked and Rooted

Tablets:
Asus Transformer Infinity - Rooted
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition