[Q] "Unfortionately superuser has stopped" Error messege PLZ HELP

Tip us?

kingart93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] "Unfortionately superuser has stopped" Error messege PLZ HELP

Hello to all,
I recently rooted my sgs3 sph-L710 v4.3 and am experiencing some problems. Whenever I try to open superusers it automatically closes, and I receive a notification saying, "security notice an attempt to access a secure area on your phone without authorization has been blocked." After doing some research online I discovered that the 4.3 version is protected by KNOX. Online sources state that in order to defeat the KNOX system you must update supersu, but I am not sure how to do that. Whenever I download supersu from the Google play store there is no option to update it. I would really appreciate any help thanks.

joeyhdownsouth
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingart93 View Post
Hello to all,
I recently rooted my sgs3 sph-L710 v4.3 and am experiencing some problems. Whenever I try to open superusers it automatically closes, and I receive a notification saying, "security notice an attempt to access a secure area on your phone without authorization has been blocked." After doing some research online I discovered that the 4.3 version is protected by KNOX. Online sources state that in order to defeat the KNOX system you must update supersu, but I am not sure how to do that. Whenever I download supersu from the Google play store there is no option to update it. I would really appreciate any help thanks.
Have you checked to make sure you haven't lost root? When you install an app from Google play, you get the latest version.

sent from my GS3
LG G2(Sprint)-stock for now
Motorola Moto G(unlocked)-ROM/KERNEL:Pac-Man AIO-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Also, have you actually opened up the SuperSU app? You need to open it up (not just download it) so that it will prompt you about disabling Knox, and it might also prompt you to update the binaries. And which custom recovery are you using? If need be, you can flash the SuperSU zip from recovery, and if you are using Philz Touch (HIGHLY recommended) there is an option to have it check for root before booting back into system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingart93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up I did it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
Also, have you actually opened up the SuperSU app? You need to open it up (not just download it) so that it will prompt you about disabling Knox, and it might also prompt you to update the binaries. And which custom recovery are you using? If need be, you can flash the SuperSU zip from recovery, and if you are using Philz Touch (HIGHLY recommended) there is an option to have it check for root before booting back into system.
Yes I finally got it to work I just re rooted the device and superuser was gone. However, i downloaded supersu and it prompted me to update, i did and I was able to bypass knox! I think it was a problem with the method I used to get my phone rooted the first time. The video tutorial I watched the first time told me to uncheck the 2 boxes that come prechecked on odin i believe one of them was auto reboot i cant recall the other one. Then I took out the battery of the phone and selected the root file through mod recovery mode and that was it. The second time around I left the boxes checked and my phone auto restarted. I then downloaded supersu updated,rebooted, and Visalia!!!
Thanks guys I appreciate the help.