[Q] CM11 - kitkat 4.4.2 Camera

Tip us?

xPhrosty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CM11 - kitkat 4.4.2 Camera

Hey,
ive been running cyanogenmod 11 nightlies and its been a good experience so far, fast and hardly any bugs. the only problem i have is the stock camera. its not even close to the quality of sense roms. it has trouble focusing and the quality is just subpar. Is there any fixes or mods to help improve quality or is it just one of the drawbacks of running stock android?

bilal_liberty
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 9855

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPhrosty View Post
Hey,
ive been running cyanogenmod 11 nightlies and its been a good experience so far, fast and hardly any bugs. the only problem i have is the stock camera. its not even close to the quality of sense roms. it has trouble focusing and the quality is just subpar. Is there any fixes or mods to help improve quality or is it just one of the drawbacks of running stock android?
hey

The thing is sense camera can't be ported to aosp.
ROM: Liberty-Rom
Radio 1.35a
kernel: Liberty Kernel

xPhrosty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal_liberty View Post
hey

The thing is sense camera can't be ported to aosp.
I understand that sense camera can't be used on aosp ROMs, but is there any way to improve the camera quality of aosp ROMs, such as cm11?

Bogdan9183
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Well from what I noticed, the image does not look sharp in the camera app, but after I went into gallery and zoomed in, it loads and looks a lot better. I'm not really disappointed with it.

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

el_smurfo
Old
Thanks Meter 1042
Snap Camera HDR is built from the same 4.4 source, but has many enhancements and performance improvements. It's significantly faster and has a better burst mode. Worth the $2, and you can even install a trial version.

xPhrosty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default came searterp

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_smurfo View Post
Snap Camera HDR is built from the same 4.4 source, but has many enhancements and performance improvements. It's significantly faster and has a better burst mode. Worth the $2, and you can even install a trial version.
thanks for the suggestion. how would you compare the quality of the stock camera with that of snap camera hdr?

fonnae
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPhrosty View Post
thanks for the suggestion. how would you compare the quality of the stock camera with that of snap camera hdr?
I would also say to go with a paid camera app. I've heard good things about procapture but too cheap to buy it myself yet. Currently I'm use Camera MX. I installed it while I was still running sense and I had the opportunity to compare the two head to head. I'd say the sense one was definitely better but only ever so slightly. Certainly now that I compare Camera MX to the stock one on 4.4, it is like night and day. Camera MX is waaay better.

Finally, I should mention that some camera app makers are starting to tune their apps to the flagship phones (eg. HTC One, S4). That doesn't really help us, but it's something to consider when making your next purchase. Things like the camera really need to be tuned to the hardware to get the best performance.

xPhrosty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonnae View Post
I would also say to go with a paid camera app. I've heard good things about procapture but too cheap to buy it myself yet. Currently I'm use Camera MX. I installed it while I was still running sense and I had the opportunity to compare the two head to head. I'd say the sense one was definitely better but only ever so slightly. Certainly now that I compare Camera MX to the stock one on 4.4, it is like night and day. Camera MX is waaay better.

Finally, I should mention that some camera app makers are starting to tune their apps to the flagship phones (eg. HTC One, S4). That doesn't really help us, but it's something to consider when making your next purchase. Things like the camera really need to be tuned to the hardware to get the best performance.
Thanks for the suggestion, ill definitely give camera mx a try,