OP chomper10

29th January 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #11  
Flag Bellingham
Thanks Meter: 112

629 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomper10

The issue is that when I lose signal completely, my phone notifies me that I have a voicemail, when in actuality I don't.

No signal = false voicemail notification

Does the message say you have a voicemail? Mine says "voicemail activity detected unable to connect to server"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
29th January 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #12  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 547

939 posts
Donate to Me
More
I second the idea of you going to Google voice for your voice mail. Verizon voice mail notifications was always buggy for me. Plus you get free visual voice mail with Google voice. After you reroute your vmail to voice you should never see vzw vmail again.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

I should mention this happened to me like a year ago and I had to delete everything from my vzw vmail account then wait a few days before the false notification went away. Now that I think about it that is why I went to Google voice.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePagel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Well, not the only one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Sound like you discovered a bug with 4.3 which none of us has experienced!

Quote:

Hi everyone,

I work in an office that has no cell signal. So when I step into my office, my bars go away, I get the no signal symbol and then 30 seconds later my phone will alert me that I have a voicemail (when I don't have one). When I step into an area where I can get a signal, the voicemail notification goes away and my phone is fine. All of this started the day I updated to Android 4.3.

I've called Verizon multiple times and all they can do is tell me to reset my phone, which I have done multiple times.... I also have had my voicemail reset

It's really annoying since it will vibrate and the screen lights up as usual for 30 seconds.

Now my battery drains faster since my phone vibrates every 5 -15 minutes all day while I'm at work.

Any thoughts?

I too have this exact issue. The false VM notification is annoying for sure (it is always 2 "new" VM, when in fact there are zero), but the more annoying aspect is the "mobile network unavailable" message. Not only does it happen every time I move to the center of the building, but it tends to persist for a few minutes after moving back to areas that I know I have coverage.

This began with the 4.3 update, and nothing else has changed. It is so annoying, that I have spent hours searching for a resolution which is how I ended up here.
5th February 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnhack

I too have this exact issue. The false VM notification is annoying for sure (it is always 2 "new" VM, when in fact there are zero), but the more annoying aspect is the "mobile network unavailable" message. Not only does it happen every time I move to the center of the building, but it tends to persist for a few minutes after moving back to areas that I know I have coverage.

This began with the 4.3 update, and nothing else has changed. It is so annoying, that I have spent hours searching for a resolution which is how I ended up here.

Sorry it has taken a while to respond. I *might* have solved my problem.

So right now my Verizon voicemail is disabled and I get the false voicemail alert when I lose signal. I do not receive any other messages.

Our wifi hubs have been updated, so now when I go into work, I get wifi all day long without interruption. Since then, no more false voicemail alerts!

Just to experiment, I disabled my wifi and sure enough I got the false voicemail notification. Turned wifi back on and it eventually cleared itself after a minute. Hope this helps!
5th February 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #15  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 547

939 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry it has taken a while to respond. I *might* have solved my problem.

So right now my Verizon voicemail is disabled and I get the false voicemail alert when I lose signal. I do not receive any other messages.

Our wifi hubs have been updated, so now when I go into work, I get wifi all day long without interruption. Since then, no more false voicemail alerts!

Just to experiment, I disabled my wifi and sure enough I got the false voicemail notification. Turned wifi back on and it eventually cleared itself after a minute. Hope this helps!

Did you go in your voicemail and make sure all messages are deleted? if you empty your vm completely and keep it empty it should fix its self after a day or two.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread