Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 52,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android 4.4 with Sense

Tip us?

SlashSpeed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Question [Q] Android 4.4 with Sense

Can we expect a port for our HOX somewhere in the future? HOX is still a pretty powerful device, I don't have any doubt it would run it with the same or better performance than 4.2.2.
Devices:
- T-Mobile G1
- Google Nexus S
- HTC One X

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2,402
no already confirmed by HTC no update to 4.4 with sense...you have to use custom roms like cm11 carbon rom etc for kitkat
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

SlashSpeed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I'm not talking about official update. I'm talking about a port (from HTC One for example).
Devices:
- T-Mobile G1
- Google Nexus S
- HTC One X

nisu4717
Old
Thanks Meter 91
No more update from htc.because no driver support fron NVIDIA

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2,402
a port will never be possible because htc one and all other phones which get kitkat with sense are having a different SoC...and porting from qualcomm to tegra and vise versa is as difficult as getting all engines of a plane into a smart
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

SlashSpeed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master View Post
a port will never be possible because htc one and all other phones which get kitkat with sense are having a different SoC...and porting from qualcomm to tegra and vise versa is as difficult as getting all engines of a plane into a smart
Well that's depressing news...oh well, at least we got cyanogenmod and other kitkat roms

Thanks for the info!
Devices:
- T-Mobile G1
- Google Nexus S
- HTC One X

FaiselW
Old
Thanks Meter 61
What if you get the rom and change the build.prop and replace the system folders with the one x folders.

Sent from my EndeavorU using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiselW View Post
What if you get the rom and change the build.prop and replace the system folders with the one x folders.

Sent from my EndeavorU using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
i already said won't work...there are too many things like framework and especially the drivers ! ...there are many libs from qualcomm which can't be ported to a non qualcomm device!

ASVP_MSFT
Old
Thanks Meter 13
well then that sucks. thanks NVidia