Verizon users - Got KitKat? Yes/No/Location

Search This thread

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
I see it is rolling out. But how does this process work? It has yet to hit my Moto G.
as of 02/04/2014 - 7PM EST
USA/Indiana/Eastern Timezone.

If you have recieved the update, where are you located?

DragonRyderX

Jun 26, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It's here, it's here...

A 247+ MB software update is now downloading off of my Verizon prepaid legacy plan. With UNLIMITED DATA, I am downloading it off of my Droid 3's WiFi tether because they wouldn't let me activate this Moto G without changing to a new metered data plan (FU&% that). I am from Altona NY (near Canada).

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
These updates usually take 1-2 weeks to roll out to all devices.

Sent from my Moto G
Yes, but manually checking you would think would trigger the update. I should note, I have been checking over WiFi. Anyone able to pull the update from cache? Maybe the rest of the world can get it a bit faster that way?

kisrita

East coast/CT - booted up my phone last night and had the update notification - now on 4.4.2.
I use it on WiFi only- never activated on Verizon. I just turn airplane mode on, then WiFi on, except if I want to use the FM radio, in which case I turn airplane mode off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: OctoberNexus

OctoberNexus

Feb 11, 2011
Boulder, Colorado
East coast/CT - booted up my phone last night and had the update notification - now on 4.4.2.
I use it on WiFi only- never activated on Verizon. I just turn airplane mode on, then WiFi on, except if I want to use the FM radio, in which case I turn airplane mode off.

I use mine similarly but I never even bother putting it in Airplane mode.

Sent from my Moto G

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Yes, but manually checking you would think would trigger the update. I should note, I have been checking over WiFi. Anyone able to pull the update from cache? Maybe the rest of the world can get it a bit faster that way?

No it certainly shouldn't, there is a good piece on reddit by Google Engineer Dianne Hackborn as to why that's not the case, even manually checking doesn't change your spot in line.

Sent from my Moto G

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
Can you provide a link? I wouldn't mind reading it. I figure it was location based that determined your spot in line.

Edit: Found it via Google. Article mentions side loading via adb for the impatient. But I don't see the update anywhere.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.