Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked, enters recovery mode instead of download

Tip us?

Fishyer777
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] Bricked, enters recovery mode instead of download

Alright so I have had this phone for well over a year and it has been bricked since I got a hold of it. A friend gave it to me to fix and never asked for it back and since I have had my iPhone I have missed having an android to play with

It is stuck in a bootloop thing (It shows samsung and when the andorid flies up it freezes and resets) I have been trying to reflash it with odin for ages but gave up and finally decided to seek help after days of googling and searching

If I boot holding VOL + and VOL - , all it does it boot into recovery mode (and I have wiped everything and reflashed the rom on the internal sd card successfully) but it still does the same thing. I have also tried booting in other ways (Such as HOME and VOL +, and HOME and VOL - , but it just goes to the boot loop. I need some ideas because this iPhone is getting broing

Luminess
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does the phone use the stock recovery? And if you are needing to hold the home button to enter anything, I think you got the wrong forum as the SGH-T989 only requires the VOL Down key to be held to boot into recovery. Are you sure your device is not the I9100?