XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wiped System - Only 25gb Left

Tip us?

pjd2011
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wiped System - Only 25gb Left

I accidentally wiped my system through CWM. I finally got Santod's stock rom working on it and noticed I only had 25gb of storage available. I realize I never had the full 32gb but it was around 28gb available before. It's 25.00 too. A very even number which makes me think I have something partitioned off. Other was listed as having 10+ gigs in the storage app.

I even flash a AOSP ROM to check if it was just Sense - no go.
Verizon HTC One 32gb - Stock - Unlocked - Rooted - Debloated
HP Touchpad 32gb - Stable CM 10.1 - Overclock 1.8ghz

Retired:
Droid Incredible - CyanogenMod 7.2 - Lucid Theme - Chad's Kernel - OC 1.13ghz - Undervolted
Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Latest Stable AOKP - Franco Kernel

santod040
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5191

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjd2011 View Post
I accidentally wiped my system through CWM. I finally got Santod's stock rom working on it and noticed I only had 25gb of storage available. I realize I never had the full 32gb but it was around 28gb available before. It's 25.00 too. A very even number which makes me think I have something partitioned off. Other was listed as having 10+ gigs in the storage app.

I even flash a AOSP ROM to check if it was just Sense - no go.
Sounds like you still have a backup hiding from you possibly.
With su permissions granted to ES File Explorer and System Mounted, you should be able to see them here:
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/
If there is a backup in there, then that could be what's eating your extra space.
You can delete it, if you don't need it, otherwise, at least you know where the space went.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

pjd2011
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
Sounds like you still have a backup hiding from you possibly.
With su permissions granted to ES File Explorer and System Mounted, you should be able to see them here:
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/
If there is a backup in there, then that could be what's eating your extra space.
You can delete it, if you don't need it, otherwise, at least you know where the space went.
I feel kind of stupid now. You're right. My stock backup clocks in at 3.3gb. Makes sense (no pun intended) now that I think about it!
Verizon HTC One 32gb - Stock - Unlocked - Rooted - Debloated
HP Touchpad 32gb - Stable CM 10.1 - Overclock 1.8ghz

Retired:
Droid Incredible - CyanogenMod 7.2 - Lucid Theme - Chad's Kernel - OC 1.13ghz - Undervolted
Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Latest Stable AOKP - Franco Kernel

alekurkudi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Weird, I too have noticed my storage space is at 25 gb according to es file explorer. I have deleted a twrp backup but no change. Any suggestions?