Wiped System - Only 25gb Left

OP pjd2011

2nd February 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ypsilanti, MI
Thanks Meter: 0

116 posts
More
I accidentally wiped my system through CWM. I finally got Santod's stock rom working on it and noticed I only had 25gb of storage available. I realize I never had the full 32gb but it was around 28gb available before. It's 25.00 too. A very even number which makes me think I have something partitioned off. Other was listed as having 10+ gigs in the storage app.

I even flash a AOSP ROM to check if it was just Sense - no go.
3rd February 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 9,049

6,574 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjd2011

I accidentally wiped my system through CWM. I finally got Santod's stock rom working on it and noticed I only had 25gb of storage available. I realize I never had the full 32gb but it was around 28gb available before. It's 25.00 too. A very even number which makes me think I have something partitioned off. Other was listed as having 10+ gigs in the storage app.

I even flash a AOSP ROM to check if it was just Sense - no go.

Sounds like you still have a backup hiding from you possibly.
With su permissions granted to ES File Explorer and System Mounted, you should be able to see them here:
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/
If there is a backup in there, then that could be what's eating your extra space.
You can delete it, if you don't need it, otherwise, at least you know where the space went.
4th February 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ypsilanti, MI
Thanks Meter: 0

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

Sounds like you still have a backup hiding from you possibly.
With su permissions granted to ES File Explorer and System Mounted, you should be able to see them here:
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/
If there is a backup in there, then that could be what's eating your extra space.
You can delete it, if you don't need it, otherwise, at least you know where the space went.

I feel kind of stupid now. You're right. My stock backup clocks in at 3.3gb. Makes sense (no pun intended) now that I think about it!
5th February 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

153 posts
Weird, I too have noticed my storage space is at 25 gb according to es file explorer. I have deleted a twrp backup but no change. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread