Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,355 Members 39,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Instructions on How to Wipe the Cache Partition on Stock Hardware

Tip us?

Psychoferno
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
ok dude thx! did you see any difference? in battery? or in something else?
The drain seems a bit more stable, with intervals of low discharge. But it is too early to make a definitive assessment.

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391552791654.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	2559367  

neu - smurph
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoferno View Post
The drain seems a bit more stable, with intervals of low discharge. But it is too early to make a definitive assessment.

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
Less anomolous wake-ups for me so after a cache wipe so better standby time

I've noted some interesting patterns in location based wake-ups. Mine is set to Battery Saving (e.g Wifi and Network based) unless using Navigation, and I have the advanced wifi option 'scanning always available' off. Wifi is only on at home. When I'm at work at my desk my phone gets a rock solid signal and if not in use use stays firmly asleep with negligible battery drain through the course of the day (2-3% over 8-9 hours).

If I'm in a meeting room on the other side of the building the signal is very dodgy and the phone is waking up every 10 minutes - I'm theorising these are location based wake-ups. I also get wake-ups when driving even if not using navigation - probably because of the rapid moving between different cells. Previously I had more wakeups keeping wifi on, or having the scanning always available option on. Again I theorise that in areas with a high concentration of wifi networks you get more wakeups.

Some people have reported better battery life using Device Only (GPS) for location. I wonder if they are often in poor signal areas, or with a high concentration of wifi networks? Device only drains more for me overall.
The Following User Says Thank You to neu - smurph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eemgee
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by neu - smurph View Post
Less anomolous wake-ups for me so after a cache wipe so better standby time

I've noted some interesting patterns in location based wake-ups. Mine is set to Battery Saving (e.g Wifi and Network based) unless using Navigation, and I have the advanced wifi option 'scanning always available' off. Wifi is only on at home. When I'm at work at my desk my phone gets a rock solid signal and if not in use use stays firmly asleep with negligible battery drain through the course of the day (2-3% over 8-9 hours).

If I'm in a meeting room on the other side of the building the signal is very dodgy and the phone is waking up every 10 minutes - I'm theorising these are location based wake-ups. I also get wake-ups when driving even if not using navigation - probably because of the rapid moving between different cells. Previously I had more wakeups keeping wifi on, or having the scanning always available option on. Again I theorise that in areas with a high concentration of wifi networks you get more wakeups.

Some people have reported better battery life using Device Only (GPS) for location. I wonder if they are often in poor signal areas, or with a high concentration of wifi networks? Device only drains more for me overall.
Hmmm this a good observation and explains a lot.

it also explained how location history is so accurate without GPS if you go to Google.com/dashboard