CM11 nightly and voice dialing over BT

Search This thread

Wayno-san

Mar 15, 2008
I flashed CM11 11-20140131-nightly - spyder last night. So far it's a huge improvement over the stock ROM which got unworkable due to slowness. The one issue I have so far is that I'm not getting any voice prompts when I try to voice dial over my BT headsets. Can anyone confirm if they're having the same issue? Any known work-arounds? I rely on that feature a lot when I'm driving. Much thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wayno-san

Mar 15, 2008
I flashed CM11 11-20140131-nightly - spyder last night. So far it's a huge improvement over the stock ROM which got unworkable due to slowness. The one issue I have so far is that I'm not getting any voice prompts when I try to voice dial over my BT headsets. Can anyone confirm if they're having the same issue? Any known work-arounds? I rely on that feature a lot when I'm driving. Much thanks.

I ended up running into another problem with CM11... that is, device encryption did not work (simply goes into the encryption screen but nothing happens). For that reason I decided to downgrade back to the latest official release of CM10.2.1 and guess what.... does the same thing there also. I thought encryption is supposed to work fine with TWRP... what gives?

Also, is there a way to get the phone to detect a car dock with CM? I miss having the phone go into car mode automatically when I dock it in my car.

ChungHung.Chen

Dec 13, 2010
HsinChu

Hi,
I have the same problem here. CM11 20140201 nightly umts_spyder
BT works in call but can't hear any voice prompt from my voice dialer app.
Voice dialer app becomes slow when BT connected.
I can't find any solution for now and app vendor only support official version by HW vendor. :crying::crying:
But voice dialer app works flawlessly if BT disconnected. :confused:
So it's definitely BT issue, perhaps submit a bug to cm?

Wayno-san

Mar 15, 2008
Hi,
I have the same problem here. CM11 20140201 nightly umts_spyder
BT works in call but can't hear any voice prompt from my voice dialer app.
Voice dialer app becomes slow when BT connected.
I can't find any solution for now and app vendor only support official version by HW vendor. :crying::crying:
But voice dialer app works flawlessly if BT disconnected. :confused:
So it's definitely BT issue, perhaps submit a bug to cm?

I switched to 10.2 and the prompts work fine on that version; but phone encryption does not work which I need for work so it looks like it's back to stock for me. Bummed.