5,596,637 Members 42,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trouble flashing jfbs kitkat rom

Tip us?

atomukun
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've installed 01/01 with core apps and found lots of crashing. It took me about 5 reboots to get through the setup wizard. After that it stays in standby fine. But crashes when I use it to browse or install apps etc.. I got less crashes after I installed 01/01 over top of the initial install. But still crashes when I try to use it for anything to do with internet?

mpces
Old
(Last edited by mpces; 1st January 2014 at 11:38 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomukun View Post
I've installed 01/01 with core apps and found lots of crashing. It took me about 5 reboots to get through the setup wizard. After that it stays in standby fine. But crashes when I use it to browse or install apps etc.. I got less crashes after I installed 01/01 over top of the initial install. But still crashes when I try to use it for anything to do with internet?
I think I'll wait a while before trying this rom again. Hopefully the developers can fix our issues.

atomukun
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think the guys have figured it out. I just flashed cm11 01/16 and it installed with no errors. I used the cars kernel, and gapps0105 linked in the OP. I flashed at booted 0116 with cars kernel first, to make sure it boots, then flashed gapps afterwards. So far so good using dalvik. I'm afraid to use ART... :P Thanks to the developers for troubleshooting.

shadowjack62
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Troubles

The latest ROM 1/16 works great for me with only Netflix still a problem. It is puzzling why people are having problems.

When I first updated to the ROM after 12/23 I had similar problems. I finally started doing a system reset and formatting everything except sd1 between every ROM update and haven't had a problem since.

an0maly13
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjack62 View Post
The latest ROM 1/16 works great for me with only Netflix still a problem. It is puzzling why people are having problems.

When I first updated to the ROM after 12/23 I had similar problems. I finally started doing a system reset and formatting everything except sd1 between every ROM update and haven't had a problem since.
are you using TWRP or CWM? and which version?

shadowjack62
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Troubles

CWM 6.0.4.5 is the only one I"ve used with this ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an0maly13 View Post
are you using TWRP or CWM? and which version?

samsunggalaxyexhibit4g
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Kernel prob. maybe

Hello,
I am running 1/23 with no bugs. I am loving it.Maybe it is the kernel. On page 47 of the thread someone posted a link to the team-adc kernel. It fixes most bugs.

atscntsc
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default Sound Search for Google Play on CM 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsunggalaxyexhibit4g View Post
Hello,
I am running 1/23 with no bugs. I am loving it.Maybe it is the kernel. On page 47 of the thread someone posted a link to the team-adc kernel. It fixes most bugs.
I have been running the 1/23 CM 11 jfbs build with packaged kernel as well. Kudos to jfbs, et all for delivering this. My Exhibit II was purchased in December of 2011, purchased shortly after T-Mobile released the phone.

The only issue I have encountered with the 1/23 build is that the Sound Search for Google Play widget cannot be installed. When checking in the Play Store, I am presented with a button to "Enable" it. But, enabling from the Play Store does not help. The widget does not appear in the "Widgets" menu (Long press on home screen), even after enabling. After rebooting the phone, the Play Store again reports that the Widget requires enabling again. I am guessing this may be a general issue with CM 11, and not the Exhibit or build per se.

samsunggalaxyexhibit4g
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by atscntsc View Post
I have been running the 1/23 CM 11 jfbs build with packaged kernel as well. Kudos to jfbs, et all for delivering this. My Exhibit II was purchased in December of 2011, purchased shortly after T-Mobile released the phone.

The only issue I have encountered with the 1/23 build is that the Sound Search for Google Play widget cannot be installed. When checking in the Play Store, I am presented with a button to "Enable" it. But, enabling from the Play Store does not help. The widget does not appear in the "Widgets" menu (Long press on home screen), even after enabling. After rebooting the phone, the Play Store again reports that the Widget requires enabling again. I am guessing this may be a general issue with CM 11, and not the Exhibit or build per se.
Try installing the new build, it has bug fixes with the new kernel.

**If the new build does not fix your problem, Try this link. It is a custom .APK for sound search. hopefully it will work.

****if the apk doesn't work either, try out some different GAPPS. Make sure to with dalvik and cache before installing GAPPS.
Here are some GAPPS links: PA GAPPS(here), CM GAPPS(here), and BaNkS GApps(here).

I am sure that these Gapps packages include the Sound Search Widget.

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to samsunggalaxyexhibit4g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atscntsc
Old
(Last edited by atscntsc; 5th February 2014 at 08:53 AM.) Reason: fix quote
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsunggalaxyexhibit4g View Post
Try installing the new build, it has bug fixes with the new kernel.

**If the new build does not fix your problem, Try this link. It is a custom .APK for sound search. hopefully it will work.

Thank you for the links. I did try the latest build (1/31) but encountered the same issue with Sound Search. I have moved back to the 1/23 build due to an issue with the Setup Wizard which I will discuss in a separate post. I am very happy with the 1/23 build and give many thanks to jfbs and the other helping developers who managed to get this working so well on the Exhibit II.

Reading the discussions on the link you provided, my issue with Sound Search may be related to the fact that I am currently traveling outside the US and Sound Search may not be supported in all locales. Titanium Backup reports that the .apk is Frozen. If I defrost the apk, it returns to Frozen after reboot of the phone.

I will wait until I return to the US to try again. But, it would be interesting to know if users of this ROM in the US have the same experience I am seeing.