[TUT] Tasker | The Ultimate (over-informative & annoying) Alarm Clock V3|With Snooze!

Search This thread

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
Go easy because I'm a complete noob when it comes to tasker. I never heard of it until I was searching for an app that could automatically set an alarm either 30 minutes or one hour before sunrise and sunset daily. My google search ran across this post. Of course I did not find an alarm clock app with these specs.

This tasker script looks like my best hope and I trying to understand tasker. I ran across this post at the tasker website.

http://tasker.wikidot.com/sunrise-and-sunset-times

Could someone point me in the right direction or give me an idea on how to integrate the above script into this tasker script. I think I am way over my head. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

brandall

May 16, 2008
Birmingham
Go easy because I'm a complete noob when it comes to tasker. I never heard of it until I was searching for an app that could automatically set an alarm either 30 minutes or one hour before sunrise and sunset daily. My google search ran across this post. Of course I did not find an alarm clock app with these specs.

This tasker script looks like my best hope and I trying to understand tasker. I ran across this post at the tasker website.

http://tasker.wikidot.com/sunrise-and-sunset-times

Could someone point me in the right direction or give me an idea on how to integrate the above script into this tasker script. I think I am way over my head. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I actually recently wrote a sunrise/sunset script, I'll try and dig it out. You cannot 'edit' the start time of a tasker profile, so you'd have to use a work-around of setting the sunset time as a calendar entry and the activation of that calendar entry kicking off the alarm profiles... Bit fiddly, but possible...

i got a few questions....

1: how can i removed the nasa, horoscope, national geographic, and the long list of speaking phone performance that plays after the weather? i dont want to remove something then that breaks the whole structure.

2: the news doesnt speak, i have not edited anything besides the music file, time to alarm, and my weather location. any way to fix it?

3: any way to add speaking events of the day from google calendar? if it already has it, it isnt working for me.

i would love to just have the regular "SAY" features with the speaking weather and news along with todays calendar events.

at first, i would have rather have an auto dismiss instead of the sleep feature but i think it works fine as it is. THANKS!

would be great if someone uploaded a zip with these settings changed for me. could help others.

EDIT: Saw the post on how to remove things...

Hi D200P13, I've been absent for a while, so need to check what is broken in the feeds. Will do it over the coming week.

2) I'll check it out.

3) Unfortunately Tasker can't 'read' the calendar body/title - So it's a no I'm afraid - If you check out my Google Calendar widget profiles, they use an xml feed which is it possible to 'say'

Basically what I am doing so far with your rss picture grabbing scripts, is changing the wall paper every day... .but what i'm wanting to do, is have it save the photo everyday to a specific folder, over write that one image (which i hope is what it does right now), and so when i have that image pre-designated in widgetlocker as an alternate background, it will change that every day when i wake up. but not my usual wallpaper... does that make any sense? :D

It should be quite straight forward using Tasker's file action of copy or move - simply apply that action after the profile has imported the image and rename it at the same time as moving it to another folder. Widgetlocker can then use the images from that folder?

D200P13

Apr 28, 2010
in a room
I actually recently wrote a sunrise/sunset script, I'll try and dig it out. You cannot 'edit' the start time of a tasker profile, so you'd have to use a work-around of setting the sunset time as a calendar entry and the activation of that calendar entry kicking off the alarm profiles... Bit fiddly, but possible...

Hi D200P13, I've been absent for a while, so need to check what is broken in the feeds. Will do it over the coming week.

2) I'll check it out.

3) Unfortunately Tasker can't 'read' the calendar body/title - So it's a no I'm afraid - If you check out my Google Calendar widget profiles, they use an xml feed which is it possible to 'say'

It should be quite straight forward using Tasker's file action of copy or move - simply apply that action after the profile has imported the image and rename it at the same time as moving it to another folder. Widgetlocker can then use the images from that folder?

ok thanks. If someone can upload a stripped alarm with no feeds at all like NASA and the natgeo and even weather that be great. I love the snooze and different say after some snoozes great way to wake up. The weather was a great idea but for some reason it reads every symbol. Wish it worked better for me. My location is zipcode 79570 if anyone wants to give it a try and upload a stripped version with working weather without readying every symbol. Thabks!

evylrat

Oct 11, 2010
How about adjusting the volume on the voice?
I'm using the method on this post
hxxp://tasker.wikidot.com/weatherspeakattimeofday
To save the volume and silent state, switch off silent, set volume, and revert back.

Also, why clears lots and lots of variables individually? Why not use pattern matching? eg HTTPD*

Lastly, is there a way to pull CURRENT weather, rather than forecast?
eg,
SUMMARY:partly Cloudy 59F / 50F
TRANSP:TRANSPARENT

How could I split the summary to pull the actual / feels like out, and still be able to use the current conditions? Splitting with space can't be relied upon, since the position of the temps would change.

Last edited:

D200P13

Apr 28, 2010
in a room
i suppose no1 has bothered to make a "lite" version removing...
AlarmNGPOTD
AlarmNPOTD
AlarmAPOTD
AlarmDayHoro
AlarmMQoTD

since i tried but it messed up a few things each time i tried. stopped after the 3rd attempt due to weird jumps of the tasks in the list. like would skip weather and news. tried to remake it but that failed too. news wouldnt work. i gave up in hopes someone would make a lite version since i must have missed or failed to change some settings to adjust the removals...

brandall

May 16, 2008
Birmingham
i suppose no1 has bothered to make a "lite" version removing...
AlarmNGPOTD
AlarmNPOTD
AlarmAPOTD
AlarmDayHoro
AlarmMQoTD

since i tried but it messed up a few things each time i tried. stopped after the 3rd attempt due to weird jumps of the tasks in the list. like would skip weather and news. tried to remake it but that failed too. news wouldnt work. i gave up in hopes someone would make a lite version since i must have missed or failed to change some settings to adjust the removals...
Did you try the link in the first FAQ or is that what you are stuck on??

D200P13

Apr 28, 2010
in a room
yup. but like i said the only thing that works after i remove them is the alarm. the weather and news either sometimes 1 works or non works.

texastutt

Jan 13, 2012
Brantford
As I'm Noobing my way through Tasker, I am enjoying your explanations (yes I've hit a few Thanks buttons), but I can't find the .zip file below... as mentioned in post #1, am I thick or are we working from the Tasker Wiki Alarm clock?

evilvoice

May 4, 2008
Conyers GA
Okay, I am having some issues with this...maybe someone can help me.
I have a Nexus S CDMA running ICS and Tasker 1.2.1
1. The voice almost never finishes the whole text - this is evident in System Information, Horoscope, News, and more than likely the Motivational Quote (today is a short one).
2. I went through and changed News so that it would not say the 'non-text' stuff. (This only says the headlines and not the story)
3. I changed the Horoscope feed - when I tested this it did not give a horoscope - looks like the feed has moved.
4. I did create a DHOTD (it does not run with the alarm and only works when tested - this takes the place of NGOTD. I did not do this to share unless OP wants it, I only did this since I was editing the rest of the stuff, figured I would try. The OP did a great job in creating tasks).
5. The media file is in #9 on mine, not #11.
6. Not all variables were cleared, so I went and changed that.
7. I think there was some issue with the pictured feeds, so I changed those (not 100% sure that I changed all of them, but I changed some)
8. Also changed weather so it didn't speak 'non-text'

Since nobody else has posted for a while, am I the only one having issues? Is it my phone? I did test it the first time without changing anything.

Also, if the person who was trying to strip down the Alarm and removed the MQ, Horo, APOTD, NGPOTD, NPOTD is still around, you need to edit the AlarmInfo task and remove the call to APOTD as that could be the reason it is stopping. Also, click on whatever task you are wanting to check (I would start with AlarmInfo) and Test. When it comes up with the box to snooze or clear, hit the back button. Now, go to the Variable tab and look at the WEATHERD variables and that should help you to figure out why Weather is not working - same for News.

I do not want to overtake this thread, just trying to get some help and offer some as well.

Reactions: DHave and rag1998

ReasonablyRooted

Mar 22, 2011
I added my thanks on the OP because I used your alarmUPSmaths task to make an uptime pop-up. I wanted to understand it, so I started my own from scratch - and I ended up following in your footsteps and expanding my brain. Now when the screen is on, the phone is face up, and I activate the proximity sensor, I get a pop-up with the days, hrs., and min. since I last rebooted. I wouldn't have figured it out without your example.

Martinhdk

Mar 7, 2007
This is awesome. Thanks man. One question: can anyone guide me to a scene with two big buttons instead of the popup.

rag1998

Nov 4, 2008
1. The voice almost never finishes the whole text - this is evident in System Information, Horoscope, News, and more than likely the Motivational Quote (today is a short one).
2. I went through and changed News so that it would not say the 'non-text' stuff. (This only says the headlines and not the story)
3. I changed the Horoscope feed - when I tested this it did not give a horoscope - looks like the feed has moved.
4. I did create a DHOTD (it does not run with the alarm and only works when tested - this takes the place of NGOTD. I did not do this to share unless OP wants it, I only did this since I was editing the rest of the stuff, figured I would try. The OP did a great job in creating tasks).
7. I think there was some issue with the pictured feeds, so I changed those (not 100% sure that I changed all of them, but I changed some)

Since nobody else has posted for a while, am I the only one having issues? Is it my phone? I did test it the first time without changing anything.

Also, if the person who was trying to strip down the Alarm and removed the MQ, Horo, APOTD, NGPOTD, NPOTD is still around, you need to edit the AlarmInfo task and remove the call to APOTD as that could be the reason it is stopping. Also, click on whatever task you are wanting to check (I would start with AlarmInfo) and Test. When it comes up with the box to snooze or clear, hit the back button. Now, go to the Variable tab and look at the WEATHERD variables and that should help you to figure out why Weather is not working - same for News.

I do not want to overtake this thread, just trying to get some help and offer some as well.

Thanks OP for the great app,

But to the author above no you are not the only one having issues, thanks to your post I am able to correct some of mine.

One lingering issue for me is the pop-up, it just has icons and no text, if I change it to show me text, only part of the text shows up..Also click action on those buttons doesn't seem to do anything, i.e click snooze while the Voice is in play and it doesn't shutoff same with Alarm Reset. Due to the click action issue mine is stuck at the first task(weather and system info) and never moves forward!..

NEXUS 4 with stock ROM rooted

reese.leblanc

Sep 9, 2009
+1. I just had the same issue as rag this morning. Is this an error in the new version, or is it something we missed when we installed the profile? Also, I only saw one wallpaper the downloaded. It was the APOTD. Looking forward to getting this worked out!

Giot

Jun 14, 2013
Los Angeles
I wanted to snag just a few of these (actually just the weather and news parts) to build a "daily briefing" task to integrate with my personal assistant setup, but the news isn't working. I had it flash out what it is trying to say but it largely junk (the splitting didn't seem to be functioning correctly). Does anyone have an updated AlarmNewsHeadlines.tsk.xml file that works?

I love the weather capabilities though, hopefully I can parse it and even get the full weather forecast included with my briefing!

Thanks

Gerxp

Dec 31, 2013
Schagen
Thanks for the awesome alarm.
It would be so nice if the volume ascend from low to high each snoozecycle.
Or maybe, if it is a long tune between the cycles even.

M@xFactor

Feb 4, 2014
Pressing the snooze/off alarm

Hi, either I select snooze or stop, the button doesn't disappear...

Is it the right behaviour?

Thanks

M@xFactor

Feb 4, 2014
Thanks for the awesome alarm.
It would be so nice if the volume ascend from low to high each snoozecycle.
Or maybe, if it is a long tune between the cycles even.

I can't see where to put a volume ascend option... anyway why don't you have a look at my simple alarm clock? just to learn more each other

Bye

https :// groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tasker/nB6bDN7wqrM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Customisation

Time – Changed by clicking the profile

Alarm Sound – Changed in the task Alarm, action #11

Star Sign – Change the text gem-in-eye to whatever you want the speech to try and say in action #9 of AlarmDayHoro. Change your star sign in the HTTP GET action #1 in the URL. You will also need to change the sign=# in the splitter as it turns out that each horoscope has a different number too. I'll put a list up of them all shortly, but in the mean time you'll have to look at the URL in a browser and spot your number please - Credit torsrex

Weather – go to this link and type your location in the search box. Click on it and note the code/extension of your local weather station in the URL. Change this in the HTTP GET server:port field – mine is 03534. If you live in the US, you need to add in different information after auto/ical – the blog post #4 here gives you an example

Female – Feel free to rewrite the speech entries so they are flattering to a girl. Or alternatively, call me... and I’ll talk dirty to you, robot-style.

Snooze interval – Change the wait time in AlarmSnoozeTime to the snooze interval you wish. Change the value in AlarmSnoozeMaths, action #3 to display the correct 'snoozing-to-time'.

Pop-up Notifications - You can add your own background by clicking 'tools' in AlarmSnooze.

Change Log

Code:
    [B][U]V2[/U][/B]

Added task [B]AlarmHTTPCheck [/B]to ensure alarm didn't fail if a connection or connecting task failed.
    Added task [B]VariableClear [/B]to [B]AlarmReset [/B]as standard
    Changed collision handling in [B]AlarmSnooze[/B]
    Changed task priorities to ensure [B]AlarmSnooze [/B]has a minimal delay at most
    Changed task priorities to ensure [B]AlarmSnoozemaths [/B]always completes prior to use in the notification.

[B][U]V3[/U][/B]

* Stupid spelling mistakes in [B]AlarmNGPOTD [/B]& [B]AlarmAPOTD [/B]fixed
    * Added day of the week as a context and removed from task [B]Alarm[/B]

Bug/Issue Report

Keyguard/Lockscreen - The keyguard action set off (#3) in the task Alarm has been left in. You’ll need to add Keyguard, set on to action #7 in AlarmReset. Please let me know how your device handles this and what lock you use. I’ll see if I can put something in as standard.

Slow device/internet connection – I’m not sure how your device will handle the multiple HPPT GET actions and if consequently, this will delay other actions such as the %STIME maths.

No/failed data connectionSOLVED in V2

Yahoo News Headlines - Appear to have started adding 'non text' to their headlines since testing... damn.

Development/Requests

NHGoTD currently at request level 1!

If you have a better RSS feed for the above or any requests, please do let me know.
    If you adapt this to use your own RSS topics, please do share to save others with the headache of %HTTPD splitting

FAQ

Q) I like parts of this alarm, but not all of it. How do I change it just to suit me?
    A) Instructions are written for you here

Q) I'm using your data sync profiles, can I combine these to start and stop the data connection before and after this task?
    A) Absolutely, you can activate the data connection and then use any of the variables such as %WIFIOC or %WIFIORS to turn it off again, or leave it as it was. You could even make it that you only use this alarm when you are at home IF %WIFIHOME = 2 (reading %WIFIPREF).

Q) Why do you always transfer the %HTTPD data straight into another created variable?
    A) Within the tasks, %HTTPD is populated with various different data. Transferring the data out of it as quick as possible prevents it being overwritten by a following HTTPGET task. We don't have to apply wait actions this way or confirm that one %HTTPD task has completed before another is allowed to start.

Q) I have many other Tasker questions, can I post them here??
    A) To avoid clutter, probably best to use this official Google group

Q) Where can I learn more about Tasker?
    A) The manual and Profiles and step-throughs on the Tasker wiki and you’ll be up to speed in no time.

Installation Instructions

In menu options/profile data 'Import One Task':

AlarmAPOTD.tsk.xml
    AlarmDayHoro.tsk.xml
    AlarmInfo.tsk.xml
    AlarmMQoTD.tsk.xml
    AlarmNewsHeadlines.tsk.xml
    AlarmNGPOTD.tsk.xml
    AlarmNPOTD.tsk.xml
    AlarmReset.tsk.xml
    AlarmSnooze.tsk.xml
    AlarmSnoozeMaths.tsk.xml
    AlarmSnoozeTime.tsk.xml
    AlarmUPSMaths.tsk.xml
    VariableClear
    AlarmHTTPCheck

In menu options/profile data 'Import One Profile':

AlarmClock

No need to install V2 first, go straight for V3!

The thanks meter lets me know I'm appreciated! :eek:
    [TUT] Tasker | The Ultimate (over-informative & annoying) Alarm Clock V3|With Snooze!

I had a look at the alarm clock on the Tasker wiki and decided to update it with screen actions for snooze. When I was done, I felt that something was missing... so I added a couple of things, then a few more and then a few more….

First install

Download the .zip file below.

In menu options/profile data 'Import One Task':

AlarmAPOTD.tsk.xml
    AlarmDayHoro.tsk.xml
    AlarmInfo.tsk.xml
    AlarmMQoTD.tsk.xml
    AlarmNewsHeadlines.tsk.xml
    AlarmNGPOTD.tsk.xml
    AlarmNPOTD.tsk.xml
    AlarmReset.tsk.xml
    AlarmSnooze.tsk.xml
    AlarmSnoozeMaths.tsk.xml
    AlarmSnoozeTime.tsk.xml
    AlarmUPSMaths.tsk.xml
    VariableClear
    AlarmHTTPCheck
    (added in V2)

In menu options/profile data 'Import One Profile':

AlarmClock

In a file explorer, navigate to /sdcard/Tasker and within this folder, create the following three folders:

APOTD
    NPOTD
    NGPOTD

In Tasker, click ‘Tasks’ and select AlarmReset. Click on ‘Test’ within the task to set up the initial variables.

Select the task Alarm. Edit action #11 and choose the alarm sound you wish.

Turn your screen lock off and adjust your screen-time-out to 5 minutes (just for testing).

Make sure you have an active wifi (or mobile data, but profile is data intensive) connection.

Click on the time in the profile AlarmClock and press now, add one minute to each time, click done, click apply… and off we go...

Hit 'snooze' when each speech action has finished.

New to Tasker? Download the free trial here
    Disclaimer

Should this alarm fail, not wake you up, you lose your job, followed by your house and wife, please note that compensation claims will only be payable by cheque and may take up to 400 years to process <- You know what I’m sayin ;)

Theory

Q) Do you honestly think I’m ever going to use this? You seriously need to get out more.
    A) Well maybe? I do!

I did give some thought to what I’d like to wake up to every morning, but unfortunately Tasker can’t perform that… :eek: So, I decided to go a little OTT and make this alarm useful for plenty of Tasker Tips and Tricks.

I separated out all of the tasks so you can easily see what I’ve done. They are then available for you to use or amalgamate into other profiles you have or wish to create. How nice am I…? Let’s take a look at them:

Alarm

This task is first to kick off and controls the flow of what Tasker is going to do. It starts by performing the task AlarmSnoozeMaths (we’ll look at this below) and then encounters its first IF check on the created variable %ALARMCOUNT. Every time you snooze the alarm clock it increases %ALARMCOUNT by 1. When the count is greater than 10, the alarm will stop activating.

As the task continues, it encounters more IF statements for %ALARMCOUNT and performs the action if the IF is true. This way, I was able to create different alarms for different ‘snooze times’. There are four custom speaking alarms and after that, it just plays your selected alarm ringtone.

AlarmSnoozeMaths

This task calculates what the time will be (to display on the screen) when you snooze for 10 minutes. %TIME + 0.10 would have been just so easy wouldn’t it..? But unfortunately when the time is 07:52, telling you your alarm was going to go off at 07:62 was just too untidy. Following the task through, you’ll see how I’ve split the variable %TIME by the ‘.’ and therefore had two variables ‘07’ and ‘52’. From there I add 10 to ‘52’ getting ‘62’. I say that IF it’s greater than 60, minus 60 from it; leaving ‘2’. I then say IF that number is less than 10, join it to ‘:0’, so we end up with ‘:02’. Simples.

The ‘07’ was easier to deal with. IF the above minutes had gone over 60, we would need to add ‘1’ to this number. IF that number was greater than 23, we’d change it to ‘00’.

All the split variables were then joined together and ended up with a more intelligent %STIME.

AlarmSnooze

This is a simple menu task that will pop up on the screen. Pressing one of the two choices will perform the associated tasks. The text you wish to display is in the label field. One performs the task AlarmSnoozeTime which handles the ‘snooze’ and the other performs AlarmReset, which is run when the alarm is turned off. EDIT - Forgot to mention, that if neither button is pressed after 2 minutes, it defaults to 'snooze'.

AlarmSnoozeTime

This firstly ‘shuts-up’ the speech or stops the music. Cancels the notifications and then patiently waits for 10 minutes (or your chosen snooze length) before kicking off the initial Alarm task again.

AlarmReset

Again, this silences and kills notifications before resetting and clearing variables, the most important of which is %ALARMCOUNT to 1, ready for next time it’s to be used. It turns your keyguard back on and stops. EDIT - VariableClear is added to this task by default in V2

AlarmUPSMaths

There is an inbuilt variable %UPS which is the time in seconds since you booted the device (uptime). In the AlarmInfo task, this information is used (amongst many other things!), but having it quote thousands of seconds was just too ugly and really pretty uninformative unless you are a maths genius and even then, first thing in the morning? So, I wanted to change this into hours and minutes. Following the task, you’ll see it starts by dividing %UPS by 3600 to convert it to hours. The result for example of 3.5 does not of course mean 3 hours and 50 minutes; wouldn’t that be easy..? No, the 0.5 = half = 30 minutes. So, by splitting the variable %UPS (which we transferred the created variable %UPMA originally for good house keeping) at the ‘.’ we can deal with the numbers behind the decimal places and convert them to minutes. If it was so simple to be 0.5, then multiplying that number by 60 would give us 30; wouldn’t that be simple..? In the event that it’s actually 0.521331232132131 we need to do something about the getting rid of the 30.121200234423823 (eg) – we do this by again splitting the variable and keeping only what was before decimal point (the whole minutes). Finally we are left with two created variables %UPHR and %UPMIN which are used in the AlarmInfo task for all but a second and therefore was a complete waste of my life – But hey, someone, somewhere, someday will read this when trying to do the same and hit the thanks meter!

AlarmInfo

The first of the information pulling tasks we will run. It grabs the text from the chosen URL in action #1 using an HTTP GET and then starts to extract what it needs – which in this case, is today’s weather forecast. If you’d like to see what information it initially collects and then follow how it’s split, add a file weather.txt under the ‘output file’ field which will store it on your storage card. The task then goes on to speak the weather to you, along with just about everything else that I could find in the Tasker variables for it to tell you! Annoying? Yeah, but that girl’s voice seriously gives me the horn… You? No? Oh...

AlarmMQoTD

Yes, what better to wake up to than a motivational quote!? I’m starting to realise that this profile is really going to make a difference in some of your lives... Ok, so another HTTP GET, followed by a lot of splitting to leave us just the Author and quote itself. This is spoken to you again shortly after by my girlfriend, erm, I mean the speech engine you use...

AlarmDayHoro

How could you possibly consider starting the day without knowing exactly what is going to happen to you by hearing your horoscope!? I know I couldn’t... Again, an HTTP GET, a lot of splitting and that’s what you’re left with.

AlarmNewsHeadlines

This task reads out the recipe of the day for you! Or alternatively, the news headlines as the title would suggest. HTTP GET, splitting, more splitting and job done.

AlarmAPOTD

Alarms are so visual aren’t they? How about some soothing wallpaper from NASA’s astronomy picture of the day – you can admire it whilst you press snooze... Another HTTP GET, but this time we are searching for the image source only and once we’ve dissected it, another HTTP GET grabs the image and Tasker updates your wallpaper with it.

AlarmNPOTD

Same as above, but just NASA’s picture of the day. WHOOP!

AlarmNGPOTD

Same again, but this time National Geographic. %WHOOP2!

AlarmNakedHotGirlOfTheDay

You wish... but if the thanks meter increases sufficiently, I’ll consider it for the next release ;)

VariableClear

The above tasks import a lot of text from the HTTP GET commands. Splitting them increases the amount yet further. This task is not currently instructed to run within any of the other tasks, so either run it manually (open it and press test) or add a ‘perform task’ action into AlarmReset, so it sweeps up for you.

Note: This task is HUGE. Currently (and unfortunately) you cannot join all of the split data together and clear it in one action. I’ve been reliably informed that it will be in the next Tasker update (although that comes a little too late for the 1.5hrs it took me to enter it all manually!) Have you hit the thanks meter yet? Do it again... EDIT - Added to the AlarmReset task as standard in V2

AlarmHTTPCheck (added in V2)

Should part of a triggering task fail, Tasker is currently set up to cease further actions. Having an alarm based on the reliability of your data connectivity is never a good plan, so I had to resolve how to confirm if the HTTPGET had failed and consequently, so had the alarm. There is a built in variable %HTTPR which is the response code, but unfortunately it's not so simple to 'variable check' this in the next action - if the HTTPGET failed, then it would not go to the next action... This needs to be changed within Tasker, but in the mean time the solution was to trigger a separate task.

AlarmHTTPCheck is triggered before the HTTPGET and runs with a lower priority than the calling task to ensure the HTTPGET action is not delayed. It waits 3 seconds, before checking %HTTPR is either a value of 200 or 400 denoting success. The task will cease if this is the case. If it isn't, it will increase the value of %ALARMCOUNT to 5 (+1 will be added in the task Alarm) so all further HTTPGET alarm calls are skipped and only the alarm music is triggered. The disadvantage of this is having less snoozes, but if you are not woken up to your expected informative speech tasks, I'm sure even your sleepy self will realise something is amiss. Sorted?

Credits

Unknown for weather
    Unknown for APOD Wallpaper
    Daweav for original wiki alarm with snooze
    UncleMike for AM/PM variable splits
    V2 Up

Change Log

V2

* Added task AlarmHTTPCheck to ensure alarm didn't fail if a connection or connecting task failed.
    * Added task VariableClear to AlarmReset as standard
    * Changed collision handling in AlarmSnooze
    * Changed task priorities to ensure AlarmSnooze has a minimal delay at most
    * Changed task priorities to ensure AlarmSnoozemaths always completes prior to use in the notification.

V3

* Added day of the week as a context and removed from task Alarm
    * Corrected spelling mistakes in NGPOTD & APOTD