Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 49,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Toggle NFC with tasker...

Tip us?

mcw801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Toggle NFC with tasker...

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to put this question in so please forgive me and move it where it belongs and I would greatly appreciate it.

I can't find an NFC option in tasker and I'm thinking because maybe since NFC is relatively new, then it might be awhile before we see it in there. Or maybe I'm just blind and overlooking the thing.

What I want tasker to do is turn on NFC when a program named Isis wallet is opened and turn it back off when it is closed. Since this is the only thing I use NFC for, I don't want to drain battery.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it, but thanks either way.

Later,
M. Walden

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III
with the XDA Android app

harajyuks
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcw801 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to put this question in so please forgive me and move it where it belongs and I would greatly appreciate it.

I can't find an NFC option in tasker and I'm thinking because maybe since NFC is relatively new, then it might be awhile before we see it in there. Or maybe I'm just blind and overlooking the thing.

What I want tasker to do is turn on NFC when a program named Isis wallet is opened and turn it back off when it is closed. Since this is the only thing I use NFC for, I don't want to drain battery.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it, but thanks either way.

Later,
M. Walden

with the XDA Android app
Great idea, after seeing this I wanted to get it setup for myself. You're right, I didn't see a setting within Tasker to control the NFC state, however using the Secure Settings plug in, available in the Play Store I was able to get this working. You will also need to enable System+ within secure settings. Here are some screens of my setup...Tasker allows a lot of different implementations for the same actions so YMMV
Task- NFC On
Select Plug - in
Select Configuration
Scroll down to NFC and select, then select the 'NFC on' radial button and save... save Task

New Task- NFC Off, same process for NFC On, just select the 'NFC off' radial button this time and save Task

Set up new Profile for ISIS that will use the NFC on and NFC off tasks... Assuming that your already familiar with Tasker some quick screens should be enough.

I will probably add new Applications to this profile, or change the setup completely should I need to. But this should definitely work for your description.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mcw801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
All man, thanks so much. I've been searching for a way to do this for awhile now. I really appreciate this. I owe you one.

Later,
M. Walden

with the XDA Android app