Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Performance boost mod for ANY ROM [Scary performances]

Tip us?

iPeck
Old
(Last edited by iPeck; 1st February 2014 at 03:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
From my experiences on many different phone models and OS's and different methods tried, it might be good in short terms usage, but on the long run, benchmarks boosting leads to sluggish and buggy phone...

bhavstech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
From my experiences on many phone models and OS's and different methods tried, it might be good in short terms, but on the long run, benchmarks boosting leads to sluggish and buggy phone...
no i have been using this in my s2 since a long time until i bought zl it worked fine and benchmark is not boosted to a very high level maximus 200 it depends on the rom and it reduces lagginess
If i helped you ,you know where the Thanks button is!

xyge
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
From my experiences on many different phone models and OS's and different methods tried, it might be good in short terms usage, but on the long run, benchmarks boosting leads to sluggish and buggy phone...
Yup it will but not much..
And to be honest.. Don't go for benchmarks ..
its all done quite easily as these boosters basically set ur cpu to performance mode whenever a fullscreen app runs.... That's it... If you look into it ull see most oems do that as well.. So u always get better benchmarks on stock roms as compared to aosp based roms.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to xyge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhavstech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyge View Post
Yup it will but not much..
And to be honest.. Don't go for benchmarks ..
its all done quite easily as these boosters basically set ur cpu to performance mode whenever a fullscreen app runs.... That's it... If you look into it ull see most oems do that as well.. So u always get better benchmarks on stock roms as compared to aosp based roms.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
i agree with you actually benchmarks arent that reliable for s2 it showed 200 but for many users its significantly negligibe.actually in the shared link its mentioned to increase benchmark thats why i had written "improve benchmarks"in title.rRemoved it now nomore quarrels about benchmarks!

CokeJunkee
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Flashed the golden edition now and it gives me +480 Antutu points.
The fix for AdAway also works, thanks for that !
System ui responds fast and smooth. Will test it the following days and report back.

bhavstech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeJunkee View Post
Flashed the golden edition now and it gives me +480 Antutu points.
The fix for AdAway also works, thanks for that !
System ui responds fast and smooth. Will test it the following days and report back.

allspark2020
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Guys the performance boost(If you feel benchmarks only show you the performance) comes from an increase in I/O score. Can anyone check that. I used to use such scripts on my galaxy 3 which atleast to some degree made me think the lag was gone . I don't think our phone needs such scripts.Our phone is already the fastest it can be and it's the fastest any phone can get right now . It can only be improved on by having better android( like an improved kernel?). Our phone has 2 gigs of RAM and do you think we need a minfree scipt for that? lol . That's the reason no one makes "scripts" for top tier phones. And those who feel the performance has been boosted check the CPU score differences in antutu, not the overall score which includes I/O too.

bhavstech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by allspark2020 View Post
Guys the performance boost(If you feel benchmarks only show you the performance) comes from an increase in I/O score. Can anyone check that. I used to use such scripts on my galaxy 3 which atleast to some degree made me think the lag was gone . I don't think our phone needs such scripts.Our phone is already the fastest it can be and it's the fastest any phone can get right now . It can only be improved on by having better android( like an improved kernel?). Our phone has 2 gigs of RAM and do you think we need a minfree scipt for that? lol . That's the reason no one makes "scripts" for top tier phones. And those who feel the performance has been boosted check the CPU score differences in antutu, not the overall score which includes I/O too.
We do need the scripts buddy for our phones with unstable and laggy custom roms though our phones are good they arent the BEST !THIS IS JUST A WAY TO MAKE IT BETTER.if you feel so try it on ur phone.i personally dont go and rely on benchmarks