Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rerooting Samsung I337

Tip us?

traderkat64
Old
(Last edited by traderkat64; 4th February 2014 at 09:41 PM.) Reason: I found the answer finally. Please delete this.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rerooting Samsung I337

I apologize if my situation is here somewhere. I have read through so many forums and can't find what I need, plus I am sort of new at this. So here goes.

I rooted my Samsung I337 about 8 months ago for the first time. I can't remember exactly how, but I followed a thread here to do it. It worked perfectly! I then flashed the Golden Eye rom to it through TWRP. I have loved it since then. I did a back up of my original rom on my phone from the start. Well, I decided yesterday to unroot it. I followed the directions from a thread here and it seems to have worked except that when I turn it on, the custom screen is first. However, I have no supersu and when I try to get rooting apps it tells me I need to root my phone. So I assume it worked.

Well, I have used it for a day and now remember why I rooted it in the first place. I want to put it back but can't seem to do that. I downloaded Odin, connected my phone, and when I try and download the file to it, it fails. This is what I get.

<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

The only thing I can see is that I am told the COM port should be yellow and mine is blue. Does that make a difference? What could the issue be? Any help would be awesome!

traderkat64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, I figured it out. I went about it a different way. Odin wasn't working for me so I went the route of Motochopper and it worked perfectly.

Now, my question is, before I rooted again I wanted to upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3. However, every time it tried, it failed. Each time it would download the update it would reboot to TWRP and then I would get the "something interrupted the download" so it wouldn't finish. How would I get around that? How do I get the update?

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderkat64 View Post
Ok, I figured it out. I went about it a different way. Odin wasn't working for me so I went the route of Motochopper and it worked perfectly.

Now, my question is, before I rooted again I wanted to upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3. However, every time it tried, it failed. Each time it would download the update it would reboot to TWRP and then I would get the "something interrupted the download" so it wouldn't finish. How would I get around that? How do I get the update?
Don't. Getting the update will lock your bootloader and you won't get TWRP and any ROM freedom anymore. If you want 4.3, use the StockUp ROM or something. Then you can still switch to something like Google Edition 4.4.2 or any other ROM if you ever want to.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

traderkat64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Don't. Getting the update will lock your bootloader and you won't get TWRP and any ROM freedom anymore. If you want 4.3, use the StockUp ROM or something. Then you can still switch to something like Google Edition 4.4.2 or any other ROM if you ever want to.

Ok, I won't update!! Thanks!!!!