Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Losing init.d support

OP infinite.galaxi

5th February 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Xt907 rooted. Ss installed. I created a rom slot, backed up, and installed to stock slot.

Everything works fine but after a few reboots I lose init.d. I'm using rage-m, I update busybox and supersu after every install, and i use xposed (xblast, gravity box, and xui).

Any ideas? I lose the custom governors and schedulers as well.
5th February 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Because I was losing the governors I thought somehow the kernel itself was being replaced somehow. Upon further inspection, I found that the governors and schedulers were actually an init.d script with library modules (which makes sense considering they were lost with init.d). After some trial and error I discovered that upon updating the included busybox (1.21.0) with busybox pro to the xbin or bin folder I will lose init.d support. Really curious as to why that is. Anything to do with symlinks?
5th February 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ivano-Frankivsk
Thanks Meter: 142

586 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite.galaxi

Xt907 rooted. Ss installed. I created a rom slot, backed up, and installed to stock slot.

Everything works fine but after a few reboots I lose init.d. I'm using rage-m, I update busybox and supersu after every install, and i use xposed (xblast, gravity box, and xui).

Any ideas? I lose the custom governors and schedulers as well.

You can try to install Pimp my ROM and turn init.d on
5th February 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
It seems that Busybox 1.22.1 is the culprit. Reverting to 1.21.1 leaves init.d intact. Thanks ^ tho pimp my rom looks cool. I want dat Bravia doe. v4a ftw!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread