Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Losing init.d support

Tip us?

infinite.galaxi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Losing init.d support

Xt907 rooted. Ss installed. I created a rom slot, backed up, and installed to stock slot.

Everything works fine but after a few reboots I lose init.d. I'm using rage-m, I update busybox and supersu after every install, and i use xposed (xblast, gravity box, and xui).

Any ideas? I lose the custom governors and schedulers as well.

infinite.galaxi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Because I was losing the governors I thought somehow the kernel itself was being replaced somehow. Upon further inspection, I found that the governors and schedulers were actually an init.d script with library modules (which makes sense considering they were lost with init.d). After some trial and error I discovered that upon updating the included busybox (1.21.0) with busybox pro to the xbin or bin folder I will lose init.d support. Really curious as to why that is. Anything to do with symlinks?

St.Noigel
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite.galaxi View Post
Xt907 rooted. Ss installed. I created a rom slot, backed up, and installed to stock slot.

Everything works fine but after a few reboots I lose init.d. I'm using rage-m, I update busybox and supersu after every install, and i use xposed (xblast, gravity box, and xui).

Any ideas? I lose the custom governors and schedulers as well.
You can try to install Pimp my ROM and turn init.d on
Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 / Unlocked
ROM: Testing everything & everyday
GSM / Kyivstar / Ukraine

infinite.galaxi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It seems that Busybox 1.22.1 is the culprit. Reverting to 1.21.1 leaves init.d intact. Thanks ^ tho pimp my rom looks cool. I want dat Bravia doe. v4a ftw!