XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GT-N7100 screen replacement service and costs

Tip us?

ledrocnoc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default GT-N7100 screen replacement service and costs

A friend of mine dropped her GT-N7100 and the screen cracked. She bought the phone in the US and she is located in South America right now and asked if I could help.

Samsung US won't fix it saying it's not a US phone and they don't have the parts (the gorilla glass apparently isn't used on the US Note 2!). So they referred me to the UK Samsung support site. I contacted Samsung UK and their reply was that they don't do any out of warranty repairs and referred me to an outside vendor.

Anyone can recommend any alternatives in the US to get the screen replaced? I am looking for a full service shop... not really interested in buying the parts and spending any time taking it apart, it ain't my phone!. Using the US parts (i.e. the non gorilla glass would work as long as it is compatible with the phone).

Any idea what the price would be?

Thanks.

Denis

sebtorres82
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I live in South America and my phone screen broked. Since there is not official support from Samsung I send the phone to repair in a third party repair shop.

They fix the phone in one week but it cost me $340.

Is expensive but I don't know other alternatives

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
NOKIA 3220 - Dead
SONY ERICSSON W200i - Somewhere in my house
NOKIA N73 - In my closet

SAMSUNG GALAXY Y -Backup Phone
- Evo-4
- Merruk Kernel

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II - Daily Driver
- Omni ROM 4.4 KitKat

abe9433
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Depends on whether only the glass is broken (in which case the touchscreen should be working).

In UK it is easy to get the whole LCD assembly replaced but it costs between 130 to 180 GBP. It is more difficult to find someone to just replace the glass. I got my glass replaced by a Plymouth company for 45 GBP. There website is repairyourmobile.co.uk. I mailed the phone to them on Monday and got it back today (Wednesday) i.e. within 48 hours.

The quality of their work seems very good. That is why I thought I should post it here.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app