Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cannot make calls via wifi calling, but can recieve texts/calls and send text help

Tip us?

azethoth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default cannot make calls via wifi calling, but can recieve texts/calls and send text help

I have a TMo galaxy s3. It is running 4.3 firmware. My wifi calling does not allow me to make calls although sometimes I can call my voice mail using wifi calling.
I can however receive calls and texts as well as send texts via wifi calling.

Cellular based calls work fine.

TMO seems to think the phone is defective, this phone is a replacement I just got and they are sending me a new one.

If the new phone experiences the same problem I am going to need some advice to fix it. I must use wifi calling in my house, tmo coverage here is terrible.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,690

DONATE TO ME
As it is, overall, I had nothing but problems with WiFi Calling over Stable Wireless. So I had given up on that. If you really have signal issues, then please see if your Router is capable of prioritizing your phone's traffic over other devices.

azethoth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
As it is, overall, I had nothing but problems with WiFi Calling over Stable Wireless. So I had given up on that. If you really have signal issues, then please see if your Router is capable of prioritizing your phone's traffic over other devices.
Thanks for the response.

Wifi calling works fine on my G2 with no issues at all.

It works fine on this S3 except for the whole making calls thing. It just instantly ends the call the second the call connects.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,690

DONATE TO ME
In that case follow part 2 of my last post.