Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 43,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot get adb to recognize that my phone is "Online" also, troubles with RUU.

Tip us?

AChavitez
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cannot get adb to recognize that my phone is "Online" also, troubles with RUU.

I'm on 4.3 on my HTC One with Sense 5.0 and I haven't been able to send any commands using Hasoon 2000's toolkit to my phone. Whenever I try to, I get an error message in the command prompt window saying that my device is offline, But if I run the adb devices command in a separate command prompt window, I get my attached One with it's ID number and everything.

This is where it gets weird, I restored my phone using clockworkmod to an earlier point in time while it was still unlocked, but not rooted. Somehow I managed to get clockworkmod back on and tried flashing the SU binaries so I can gain root access again, but I get the error message in the command prompt window when I try to do any commands from the toolkit.

So I say no problem, I'll flash the RUU so I can go back to stock, out of the box and re unlock and reroot, I don't mind. I download the file, and start the process and my phone changes it's screen to just HTC in the middle of it, but like 15 minutes in, I encounter an error
ERROR [155]: Unknown Error
The Rom Update utility cannout update your android phone.

It's saying that it's the wrong recovery image for the T-Mobile HTC One, but I'm fairly certain it's not.

Can someone give me a RUU for 4.1.2 Stock?
Also do I have to relock the bootloader before doing so?

SO TO RECAP, MY QUESTIONS ARE;
How do I fix the "device offline" error for the toolkit/adb?
Also do I have to relock the bootloader before flashing a RUU?
THANK YOU!!!
My Devices

HTC One - 32GB (Unlocked - Stock)

ASUS Nexus 7 (20130 - 32GB (Rooted - Stock)

demoniczemos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do you have USB debbuging on ?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

AChavitez
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniczemos View Post
Do you have USB debbuging on ?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
Of course!
My Devices

HTC One - 32GB (Unlocked - Stock)

ASUS Nexus 7 (20130 - 32GB (Rooted - Stock)

PhoenixPath
Old
(Last edited by PhoenixPath; 5th February 2014 at 01:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChavitez View Post

Refer to my sig for that one. (If for any reason that does not work, search Google for "T-Mobile HTC One 531.8 Downgrade RUU", should be the first link)

Note: You *must* be S-Off. Use Win7 (or rather, do not use Win8x). Plug the device into a different USB port, wait for driver install/etc, and be sure to check the box (always allow) on the ADB popup on your device when it asks the first time you send an adb command to it from the PC.

Hope that helps.

Google "squabbi's HTC One Toolkit" as well. I have used that one several times successfully.
| Devices: | HTC One (M8) T-Mobile | HTC One (M7) T-Mobile (Currently WiFi Only) |
| Current software: | 4.4.2 |