Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Horrible battery life help!

OP GAMECOCK1801

5th February 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd1085

Hmm...are you rooted?if so you can download an over/under clock app that allows you to set profiles like screen off min MHz...with min set lower your phone can wake and do what it needs to do without it jumping to higher MHz which will help keep battery use way lower...It looks like you are running stock touchwiz...I'm not too familiar with it because I use aosp ROMs...I know some touchwiz ROMs are bad on battery...do you know which build you are on?its under about phone where it says build number

I am rooted, I'm running mk2. Like I said, I use nova launcher, does that not stop touchwiz from running?
5th February 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 158
 
438 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMECOCK1801

I am rooted, I'm running mk2. Like I said, I use nova launcher, does that not stop touchwiz from running?

No...nova is just an overlay that makes things more user friendly...touchwiz is always running in the system and can't be removed without damaging stability...if Samsung would ship their devices with pure android from original source their devices might near perfection...but I have never used nova and don't know how it affects battery
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesd1085 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd1085

No...nova is just an overlay that makes things more user friendly...touchwiz is always running in the system and can't be removed without damaging stability...if Samsung would ship their devices with pure android from original source their devices might near perfection...but I have never used nova and don't know how it affects battery

Well I really appreciate all your help man. So do you recommend anything? Should I remove light manager?
5th February 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 158
 
438 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMECOCK1801

Well I really appreciate all your help man. So do you recommend anything? Should I remove light manager?

You can try it...if it doesn't help and you like the app you can always reinstall...there are also a few decent battery life threads on xda here that may have answers that I don't...good luck
5th February 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #15  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,268
 
4,289 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
I run Nova and it doesn't effect battery life at all for me. There are some really good wakelock detectors in the play store that are easier to use although better battery stats is good too. I'd try using greenify as well. It works great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Try using this wakelock app. Very easy to use.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes