Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I installed cwm 4.0.0.2. Can I install any kind of rom with that?

Tip us?

daas88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default [Q] I installed cwm 4.0.0.2. Can I install any kind of rom with that?

I followed a tutorial with an automated root and cwm installer, it put that version of cwm on my phone. It sounds very old in contrast with what I had with my LG O2X (I think it was 6.x.x.x), can I install any kind of rom with that? Jelly bean and all that? I ask because things seem to be tricky with this phone.

jisse44
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by daas88 View Post
I followed a tutorial with an automated root and cwm installer, it put that version of cwm on my phone. It sounds very old in contrast with what I had with my LG O2X (I think it was 6.x.x.x), can I install any kind of rom with that? Jelly bean and all that? I ask because things seem to be tricky with this phone.
Yep, it's a very old recovery.

Flash the special 5.0.2.5 Recovery (which include Webtop) or a more recent Touch recovery.

Links are in Development thread:
- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1204500
- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1400641

You have to know that unfortunately there is no stable release after official 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Free Mobile with unlimited calls and 20GB 3G/LTE data and tethering for 15.99€

Motorola Atrix 4G - Old phone - ElmasRom (CM7.2)
Motorola Moto G XT1032 - Girlfriend - Rooted Android Kitkat 4.4.4
Motorola Moto X XT1052 - Me - Rooted Android KitKat 4.4.4

daas88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Thanks for the advice. Phone didn't come with the webtop so in installing the touch recovery.
What are the go-to roms? Even if they're not fully stable, I'd like to try installing some because I want to have some 4.0+ apps, such as BBMsn.
Threads look very outdated, that's why I'd like to hear some input.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 348
All 4.0+ roms are on hold, development is focused on the kernel. A pretty stable rom is cm10, but it lacks hw acceleration and other related functions

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS) -> Motorola Moto X

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...
The Following User Says Thank You to andresrivas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
atrix 4g, cwm, jelly bean 4.2, roms